I hope you're all brewing today

it’s too quiet on the board. hahaha!! none of you are supposed to have a life outside of the brewing interwebs…

I wish…due to medical and remodeling issues I haven’t brewed in over 2 months. Longest dry stretch in 15 years! I’m working from this afternoon til about 2 AM Mon. so no brewing then. My garage brewspace is filled whit all the stuff I had to move out if the house, so no brewing there for a couple weeks. I’ll be doing an extract batch for a demo at a brewery for LTHB Day, though.

better that than nothing! hope everything clears up so you can brew soon!

NB Belgian golden strong fermenting as we speak. Might brew the Number 8 extract next weekend if my local homebrew shop gets some Abbey II in stock.

I was going to brew today but put that off until tomorrow. Today I kegged 23 gallons of Denny’s BVIP, transferred 23 gallons Two Hearted ale to secondary and cut the lawn / mulched the leaves. Its a nice fall day.

All of my fermenters are full :frowning: .

Interestingly enough, my brewing has picked up since my first kid showed up. Did a 10 gallon batch of dead ringer 2 weeks ago.

Not today :expressionless: Brewed on Tuesday and last Saturday. Today I got busy with making some Lox.

Happy brewing,
Big AL :cheers:

Just finished up a batch of Oatmeal stout and Coffee stout.

Stupid question. Does a coffee stout have much caffeine? I’m a little sensitive to it if consumed before bed, which is when I normally drink beer.

Bottled my Chinook IPA today and brewing an Irish stout tomorrow. Fall days sure beat Summer days in terms of brewing!

Giving all my brewing equipment a soak in PBW now and as soon as the Georgia vs. Florida game is over the brewing begins. I enjoy night brewing !! I just tried my NB Tallgrass Oasis extract clone today and it’s one helluva ESB/IPA. Love brewing in the fall. GO DAWGS !!!

Stupid question. Does a coffee stout have much caffeine? I’m a little sensitive to it if consumed before bed, which is when I normally drink beer.[/quote]
It does still contain caffeine, but its not as much as you would think.

[quote=“Baratone Brewer”][quote=“s2y”]
It does still contain caffeine, but its not as much as you would think.[/quote][/quote]

Good to know. Thanks! :cheers:

I’ve been thinking about some sort of coffee and/or chocolate stout after seeing NB’s chocolate coffee mix. Perhaps next winter since I’ll soon be packed to the gills with homebrews.

Brewed one, bottled one, and babysat one.

I brewed 10 gallons of American Lager today. I hit my volume, my SG, and chilled with no problems. it was a good brew day.

My keg of saison kicked last night and then I realized the only thing I had on deck was a Black IPA that still needed a couple of days to dry hop. NOTHING fermenting!!! :shock:

going to do a late evening batch of Scotch ale.

Brewing my warmer tomorrow (a clone of Isolation, which I have never had so …)
Hopefully it will be ready for xmas. We’ll see! If not people might get some session pale ale. Which I must remember to dry hop tomorrow too.

Not brewing this weekend, but I am bottling an Oktoberfest in the morning. I also have a Belgian Golden that’s 1 week in the primary.

Just mashed in a dubbel,
Going to Ph check in a few,
Have a brew while the Tigers struggle.
Sleep on it and finish in the morning.

Just started the boil for my second batch today. Doing a Heretic Tafelbully Clone and a Russian River Temptation Clone. Going nuts with the funk today!!