I hope you're all brewing today

manana: brewing a hoppy red (experimenting with batch sparging and rice hulls), kegging a barleywine, rye goes in the 2ndary. go broncos.

Got back to brewing yesterday - had been 3-4 weeks. Brewed Zombie Dust Clone to use up some 2011 Citra Hops. Also brewed an Oatmeal Porter that I am planning to add coffee to down the road. Gonna get a couple starters going today to brew next weekend - Pilsner, and maibock or something in that area.

I brewed a hop bursted Cascade pale ale yesterday. One of my brew club guys made an oyster stout. The brewday host made the Rebel Red Ale with WY1968. I enjoy brewing so much more when there’s a few people brewing.

J

I did not brew, I helped my father move…why do I tell you that?

when someone moves, afterwards there is pizza and beer
and the featured beer was my very first batch of brown ale

after being in the bottle for 6 days I decided to break it out, who better to make guinea pigs than your dad and brothers
:twisted:

well I opened that first bottle and heard the Fssssst sound of carbonation
SUCCESS

everyone liked it, or at least said they did…I believe the ones that had a second bottle
and all of the Bud light was still in the fridge when I left…

I have to say I liked it to…letting the rest condition another week to mellow, but all in all it was a proud day for me
:cheers:

Brewed my first extract (with 1 lb of grains) for the first time in 4 years. Doing a collaboration with someone and that’s what he picked…a Pilsner.
Got 15 gallons in 3 fermenters and had to order another corny to put it in since I seem to have more beer than we can drink.
What a problem huh?

Sitting pool side in key west. Gotta take a break from beer once and a while for a rum runner. Hopefully brew in a couple days.

I have my 2nd 5 gallon batch in the fermeter as we speak. It has been in there a week, plus. Next week, I will brew my 3rd batch so i can avoid running out of homebrew as I did on my first brew. 5 gallons does not go as far as it used to when it is that good. I want to get into a regular cycle and then, maybe experiment with some other brews besides the ale that I am really enjoying right now.

Bill

Just bottled my stout today, been in a secondary for two months!

Brewed a Hurricane Prepardness Ale yesterday as I am still in the cone of Sandy. Basically Surely Furious with the last of my homegrown hops thrown in for good measure.

Might try to brew another batch during the storm if I can escape the wind. Especially if I am stranded.

[quote=“560sdl”]Brewed a Hurricane Prepardness Ale yesterday as I am still in the cone of Sandy. Basically Surely Furious with the last of my homegrown hops thrown in for good measure.

Might try to brew another batch during the storm if I can escape the wind. Especially if I am stranded.[/quote]
it’s the beginning of the zombie apocalypse, man. you better have some Belgian styles on hand.

The thought of beer as currency has crossed my mind. As well as beer is food!

Beer may be the safest thing to drink!

You don’t want to end up in this situation.
[attachment=0]tumblr_lls640Swv21qz82gvo1_500.jpg[/attachment]

[quote=“Baratone Brewer”]You don’t want to end up in this situation.
[attachment=0]tumblr_lls640Swv21qz82gvo1_500.jpg[/attachment][/quote]
I wonder what would happen if you showed up with a bag of grain and a turkey fryer.

[quote=“mvsawyer”][quote=“Baratone Brewer”]You don’t want to end up in this situation.
[attachment=0]tumblr_lls640Swv21qz82gvo1_500.jpg[/attachment][/quote]
I wonder what would happen if you showed up with a bag of grain and a turkey fryer.[/quote]
give a man a 6er, he gets drunk for a while. teach him to brew, he becomes an obsessed maniac.

I brewed during the hurricane today, cause I was bored. So I have a Hurricane Prep Ale and a Hurricane Sandy IPA.

Well done!

I brewed a pale ale yesterday with a little Columbus for first wort hopping, then 3 ounches at flame out with a 30 minute hop stand. Looking forward to it!

Mmmm… Columbus. I just bought a pound. I was thinking of using it that way as well, but I’ve never done a hop stand.

J

Not yet, but will be soon. Smash.Pumpkin Ale bottled ( 1 month now- :mrgreen: ) Scotch Ale ready to bottle on 11-05 - Saison de Noel in primary. woo hoo !! BREWING ON !