First homebrew competition- First Place!

https://m.facebook.com/#!/story.php?sto ... 1834948098

I decided to enter (3) of my brews in the first annual homebrew competition at The Amherst Brewing Company (Amherst MA) . The entries were: West coast IPA, Octoberfest, and Toasted Coconut Porter. I was told the IPA made it to top 16. The Toasted Coconut Porter won first place!
I am not sure of the full details, but I know that I get to convert my batch to a (7) barrel batch that will be put on tap at the brewery. So excited an honored!

Masheriff

Congrats!

Congratulations! That’s pretty cool.

Big High Five… that’s a wonderful achievement.

The world has a new brew master congrats

I was thinking of making a porter soon… care to share the recipe?

Congrats, Sheriff.

Wow!
That will be one fun day. Enjoy.
Any chance he is going to enter it in the GABF Pro-Am?
:cheers:

That is cool - I just entered my first couple comps. in the past few months and found that the feedback was quite helpful. It is nice to go through the scoresheets of some knowledgeable, unbiased people providing their thoughts.

Congrats - I think that would be one of the coolest “prizes” you could get in a HB Comp.

Thank you all. I have to say that I rely on this forum daily for tips and helpful advice. I owe some gratitude to you all for this as well.

I hope to take lots of pictures when we brew the beer. I will post them.

MaSheriff

[quote=“TG”]Wow!
:cheers: [/quote]

I would have to brew another batch, almost gone from the competition. Send me some details if you don’t mind.

MaSheriff

Looking forward to the pics!

No need to brew another batch. The brewery would enter theirs.
More info here: http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/p … val-pro-am

[quote=“MaSheriff”][quote=“TG”]Wow!
:cheers: [/quote]I would have to brew another batch, almost gone from the competition. Send me some details if you don’t mind.

MaSheriff[/quote]

Congratulations !! Toated Coconut porter sounds like one tasty brew !!!

Very cool! Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

that’s awesome, man. Congratulations. Did you drum up the toasted coconut on your own or was it a borrowed recipe?

Nice! Congratulations!

Congrats on winning!

Not trying to start an extract flame war, but the second guys comments insinuating that a separate field should have been held for extract recipes seems very narrow minded. If the judges thought the beer was within style, balanced, and without more flaws than the non-extract batches why should they automatically rank it lower???

Total @ss hat!!!

[quote=“dsidab81”]Not trying to start an extract flame war, but the second guys comments insinuating that a separate field should have been held for extract recipes seems very narrow minded.[/quote]Huh? No one mentioned anything about extract in this thread.

[quote=“dsidab81”]Congrats on winning!

Not trying to start an extract flame war, but the second guys comments insinuating that a separate field should have been held for extract recipes seems very narrow minded. If the judges thought the beer was within style, balanced, and without more flaws than the non-extract batches why should they automatically rank it lower???

Total @ss hat!!![/quote]

Thank you sir, the first thing I saw was that post and it made me feel bad. I don’t know why though, I plan to get to the point of all-grain, but the startup cost is a bit high for me right now. Part of me wanted to respond to that, but I did like the post that Amherst Brewing posted after it. I am glad you think and responded to that. Thank you.