Drying A LOT of bottles without a bottle tree

Hi All,

I was looking for some quick suggestions on drying bottles without a bottle drying tree.

I need to wash and dry out about 180 750ml bottles. Any suggestions for quick effective drying?

You are drying the bottles so they won’t mold while you store them?

Just put them upside down in a wine box.

or you could find a large cardboard box, cut neck sized holes in and stand the bottles up like that.

I am actually sanitizing and washing them for bottling day. Sorry, should have clarified that part.

the cardboard box option is a great idea! Thanks!

Dishwasher

If you are actually sanitizing them on bottling day I don’t see why they have to be dried entirely. If there is a little water residue or rinseless sanitizer left in there it won’t affect the wine at all - assuming they are emptied entirely to begin with.

Did not even think of the dishwasher - that would work.

If you are actually sanitizing them on bottling day I don’t see why they have to be dried entirely. If there is a little water residue or rinseless sanitizer left in there it won’t affect the wine at all - assuming they are emptied entirely to begin with.

Did not even think of the dishwasher - that would work.[/quote]

I’m typically in this camp. A little bit of Star San is not going to hurt beer, and I rarely completely dry the inside of my bottles. In fact, I would think you are probably better off from a sanitization perspective in leaving a bit of sanitizer on the bottles when adding beer, as opposed to letting them dry and subject them to dust particles, etc.

Great to know, thanks!!

When bottling beer I never worry about there being a tiny bit of (sanitized) water

but when bottling wine I always worried that it would mess with the taste. I guess it just came along with all of the years of making it with my grandfather and father and following a specific set of rules haha.

Thanks!