Do you drink local?

Becoming? :shock:
It’s been for a long! time.[/quote]

:cheers:

Vancouver WA has some great breweries as well[/quote]

A couple have opened in the recent past.

I grew up in Portland, ME and spent the last 10 years in the Boston area before moving here to South Louisiana. I’m in a bit of withdrawl down here after all the great beer up there. There are a bunch of new micros opening all the time in the burbs around Boston, most of which you can’t find out of MA, Clown Shoes, Pretty Things, Jack’s Abbey are all pretty excellent. Then of course you can get Sam Adams and Harpoon pretty much anywhere.

Yeah, I had a similar beer-culture shock when I returned to the states after 5 years during the 1980s in The Netherlands. It was difficult to find good beer. Fortunately, now there are plenty of micro-breweries, and I now brew my own!

I try to drink mostly local and it helps that I have a micro brewery that just opened 2 miles from my house. I’d rather have a growler from a brewery than a 6 pack that’s been sitting around.

I live in Colorado Springs and I tend to drik most beer from a growler. There are so many small local breweries here most do not do packaged beer. I go to this place called Rocky Mountain Brewery every friday, also Phantom Canyon is one my favorite places to eat and they brew on site just in the springs there are a good 15 plus microwbreweries.

There is this place that is a home brewer who let his hobby take over now he has atap house brews on site and just makes his recipes it is pretty cool.

I have not bought a six pack in awhilejust get growlers filled.

Speaking of. Haven’t been to them yet, but word on the street is that the new growler bar in my neighborhood charges $30 for a fill-up. :shock:

No way!!!

I got a Groupon for a local brewery with a tour, a growler, and 2 fills for $18. For $30, it would have to be some extremely good beer.

Yeah, I have to investigate further. I don’t really believe it.

Maybe this includes the growler for first time use?

I’d brew my own for that price! Of course, if I could match the style.

I’d brew my own for that price! Of course, if I could match the style.[/quote]

At $30 per growler, I can’t think of many homebrew styles that would cost nearly that much.

Maybe this includes the growler for first time use?[/quote]

I suppose if that’s the price including growler, and they’re also charging the same price per volume of beer that you’d pay for a glass of beer. Assuming $6 for the growler, that’d mean $6/pint for the contents.

But if it costs the same either way, why bother taking it home? :cheers:

Figure closer to $15 or $16 for the growler, maybe more if it is a good one.

I’m assuming you are talking about the Riverwest Filling Station. I also heard that from a friend of mine. He said it was for a beer from Belgium. I’m not sure what beer it was. I’m also not sure if that is the going rate of every beer they have on tap there. I think I also heard they dont have the “filling station” part all up and running. I would assume down the road they will have a spot were they force co2 in the growler to push the oxygen out and then fill it. Unless they are just gonna fill at the bar.

I try to. A lot of the time they’re cheaper than the commercial brands, with ten times the quality. I love trying new brands, so much more interesting than the same old brands.

Asheville Brewing has a Shiva IPA I like.

I was thinking about this thread when I was at a local brewpub te other called Rubicon Brewing company.

I was realizing how good their beer is and realized I dont know the other pubs in the area. So i looked up brewpubs in Sacramento and there are a bunch of local places I need to visit. Local is the best. Keeps companies making money and beer in my belly.

Lately, I tried a local brew called Son of a Peach. It’s by RJ Rockers. Very interesting beer comes with floating bits of peach. Looks like a glass of fermenting beer! Tastes great. RJ Rockers, Spartanburg, SC.

I saw that one in my local package store…I’ll give it a try, thought I’m not a big fan of “fruiting the beer”…