Do you drink local?

Aside from homebrews, do you try to drink beers made closer to you if possible?

Other than fine Belgian beers, I try to drink as many beers made in my home state or home town as possible or at least 1 state away, which doesn’t hurt that this includes Colorado. :cheers:

I try doing the same, but the issue is Lagunitas is in CA and not MN… :slight_smile:

We do have Indeed brewing and Steel Toe…both making awesome beer.

I buy whatever I know is great beer. I don’t really care where it comes from so long as its not old/oxidized.

I try to. I’m not going to turn down a good beer, but I try to keep it within the nearest couple of states.

+10!

but some more local brews I really enjoy are Firebrick and Emerald Rye, both from August Schell’s in New Ulm. and when I lived in WY, I really enjoyed brews from Crow Peak in Spearfish, SD.

I drink good beer when I’m at home. A lot of it is local, as things are really taking off in Chicago. When I travel, I try to drink as local as possible, and seek out things I can’t get at home.

I drink embarrassingly local. Mostly Lakefront, which is about 4 blocks away from where I live.

Well, that and the stuff that comes from a closet 10 feet to my left. :smiley:

It’s OK

I’m all over the board some local some not. There are a lot of great brews out there.

I love drinking the beer brewed by Ottawa based brewers. The #1 is Beau’s All Natural brewery who have become one of the top brewers in Ontario and who are winning international awards. There are others as well, and new breweries are opening all the time here.

Problem is I cannot afford to drink local very often. Ontario Craft beer is expensive. And that is on top of the fact that beer in Canada is already quite a bit more expensive than in most countries.

yep :expressionless: sure do.

I love drinking at any brew pub…but I especially enjoy drinking at my local brewery (Figure 8 brewing)…they have great beers and great food!

I’m hoping that Okoboji Brewing Company will have their tap room open soon. they have a small HBS in the same building. the guy that’s always there was showing me around all their equipment. pretty decent set up.

I do because I live in the great state in which Founder’s belongs. There are a lot of nice Michigan beers but I don’t let locality get in my way.

I guess a pertinent part of the question would be can you drink locally and are the beers good?

I’m in Nebraska and the craft brew scene seems to be taking off and I’ve heard of several possible breweries opening up. We already have several good brew pubs.

This year, I discovered that my favorite Oktoberfests happened to be brewed in Nebraska. Another fav is made by Boulevard, which isn’t too far away.

Do you live in that area? I’ve had a few of their beers, as well as a few other Iowa beers and like them. Interesting that they and the Great River Brewery (another good brewery) seem to share canning.

[quote=“s2y”]
Do you live in that area? I’ve had a few of their beers, as well as a few other Iowa beers and like them. Interesting that they and the Great River Brewery (another good brewery) seem to share canning.[/quote]I live up in Windom, MN. we go down to Spirit Lake once & a while.

Gotcha.

BTW, if you’re bored, check out the hilariously bad song, Okoboji Girl. I’ve been trying to make it viral since it’s THAT bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35LenhOXGvw

I drink Schlafly out of St.Louis, but I also drink Firestone Walker Union Jack from CA. I just buy beer I like. Craft beer is too expensive to buy for charitable reasons - if I didn’t like Schlafly I wouldn’t drink it.

[quote=“s2y”]Gotcha.

BTW, if you’re bored, check out the hilariously bad song, Okoboji Girl. I’ve been trying to make it viral since it’s THAT bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35LenhOXGvw[/quote]

I made it halfway through. it reminded me of high school for some reason. :lol:

I’d say 95% of the beers I drink are local. And I still haven’t even scratched the surface
:cheers: