College football trash talking thread

[quote=“tom sawyer”]
There are a couple of microbreweries in Columbia MO. Flat Branch has a really nice selection of beers and good food. Broadway Brewery seemed to focus on good Belgian styles, and had limited food options. Since they’re close to each other, you can hit both.[/quote]

+1 to Flat Branch. It’s been about 12 years since I lived in Columbia; I don’t think Broadway Brewery was around way back then.

I live in Minnesota now, so I guess I’m a Gophers fan. I don’t follow college ball, though, so it’s not a big deal to me. Oddly enough, I’m an NFL fanatic. Go KC Chiefs! Best way to watch a game (if you don’t have any homebrew on hand) is with large amounts of Boulevard Single-Wide IPA or Bob’s '47.

On Wisconsin on wisconsin…

And AF Falcons

Imperial Stout.

I will be brewing a little bit more on Saturdays for the foreseeable future.

[quote=“tom sawyer”]Mizzou-Rah. Its hard to get used to them being in the SEC. [/quote]I was hoping the Big 10 would have brought them in with Nebraska, I think they would have been a good fit.

That said , go Hawkeyes!

Mountaineer in the BIG12!! Should be an exciting year!!

My team is the university at buffalo bulls or ub bulls. We take on #6 ranked(AP) georgia bulldogs in the season opener. GO BULLS!! Some breweries in my area; southerntier, ellicottville, flying bison and an upstart nanobrewery community breworks. Good stuff.

[quote=“Wahoo”]Charlottesville has a really great brewpub scene growing up in and around the town, and those breweries are not going further afield and distributing. Starr Hill’s been doing it a while, but now we have Blue Mountain and Devil’s Backbone.

Had a chance to sample some devils backbone beers while in virginia last month. Simply put, that brewery KICKS @SS. I had their ipa and sour among others. wow! Cheers!

Funny this thread came up. I’m not a huge football fan, but I do make a tradition out of going to the USC v UCLA game every year. And since they don’t sell beer at the coliseum I always bring a bunch of homebrew to tailgate with.

This year I was thinking about doing a red n gold something in honor of matt barkley and his chance at a trophy this year.

Georgia Bulldogs goooo dawgs. SEC Is the best conference in the nation !!!

[quote=“Wahoo”]Charlottesville has a really great brewpub scene growing up in and around the town, and those breweries are not going further afield and distributing. Starr Hill’s been doing it a while, but now we have Blue Mountain and Devil’s Backbone.

The only kind of brewery they have in Blacksburg is the kind where you ferment in the top of the toilet bowl! :cheers: [/quote]

Hey now! Careful. I am a Hokie and brew great beer, but back to football, when was the last time you beat us? Just wondering… :cheers:

Go Big Orange!! (or “big 'ernge” as is pronounced around here.) We @ the OTHER UT here in Tennessee aren’t gonna be too much to mess with on the field this year I’m afraid, but we have our weapons here in the south. And I’ll have a fine Velles Hellas from the Smoky Mountain Brewery come kick-off!

I am a proud Alumni of a team on the rise, the Ohio Bobcats! And Athens has an amazing brewpub Jackie O’s

Football aside, I could root for that orange and white team! :smiley:

If only they were holding beers!

:wink:

Go Dawgs! Sic 'Em!

Iowa State Cyclones!! Can’t wait for the season to begin!

By the way Bama’ fans, you’re welcome.

I have three degrees and never went to a school that was known for anything sports-related, although my grad school, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, did have a timber sports team.

Nevertheless, I love college football (and sports in general) and root for my parents alma mater, Michigan, and whichever of my daughters’ school is doing better, Oregon or Oregon State. Not much of a competition there lately.

I work a 12-hour day outside Saturdays, my wife has a craft business that sells at an outdoor market, and really look forward to getting home Saturday night and watching a game or two I’ve recorded during the day while consuming several of my brews. Onward Wolverines, Ducks and Beavers!