College football trash talking thread

Who’s your team? And how excited are you to see college football in less than a week.

I went to the University of Arkansas and have been a life long fan. Can’t wait.

Wooo pig soooie!

UVA. On an excitement scale from 1-10 for this season, I’ll give it a 5.

GO IRISH!!! Notre Dame hasn’t been doing great lately but I love them anyhow! Can’t wait to watch them play in Dublin. I wish I could be there.

football sucks in general. about as useless to me as hand polishing walnut shells before cracking them. aaaaannnndddd… I’m done.

[/quote]
you win for best response.

1 week to go.

Oddly though I couldn’t care less about the NFL.

[quote=“ibeentired”]1 week to go.

Oddly though I couldn’t care less about the NFL.[/quote]

I’m with you. I find NFL extremely boring.

And thanks for your old coach.

[quote=“muddywater_grant”]

And thanks for your old coach.[/quote]

Pfft.
Saban … He’s an amazing coach, if he sticks around. Looks like he’s breaking his 5-year trend for Bama.

[quote=“ibeentired”][quote=“muddywater_grant”]

And thanks for your old coach.[/quote]

Pfft.
Saban … He’s an amazing coach, if he sticks around. Looks like he’s breaking his 5-year trend for Bama.[/quote]

I was talking about John L Smith.

I am not a bama fan.

Ha!
Red and white. Whoops! Shoes my SEC knowledge right there. I tend to focus on the BIG10.

Honestly I am not the best sport talker in the world. Enjoy watching it, but all the names and plays don’t commit to my memory well.

John L. Smith, there is a coach I like. At first I did not like that MSU dropped him, but Dantonio has done a stellar job, so I am not complaining.

I don’t know how long this thread will last in the brewing section … But there is no misc. section for it to go in.

[quote=“ibeentired”] But there is no misc. section for it to go in.[/quote]Used to be a brew-ha-ha section for this sort of thing, but too many people abused it and panties got in a twist too often, so it got pulled.

You can keep a thread like this going if you make sure to include references to beer. Like, what’s the best microbrewery in your favorite team’s town.

As a UT graduate and Austin resident for 36 years, I sort of support the Longhorns, but get more fun out of rubbing their embarrassing antics on and off the field into the faces of the bigtime UT supporters at work! Best microbrewery in Austin - toss up between (512) and Jester King, probably.

Hmm.
I am a bit removed from East Lansing - but if I was going to MI for a tailgate I would probably pick up some Bell’s, North Peak and Founders to drink and share.

Maybe it should be the “College football beer talk thread.”

[quote=“Shadetree”][quote=“ibeentired”] But there is no misc. section for it to go in.[/quote]Used to be a brew-ha-ha section for this sort of thing, but too many people abused it and panties got in a twist too often, so it got pulled.

You can keep a thread like this going if you make sure to include references to beer. Like, what’s the best microbrewery in your favorite team’s town.

As a UT graduate and Austin resident for 36 years, I sort of support the Longhorns, but get more fun out of rubbing their embarrassing antics on and off the field into the faces of the bigtime UT supporters at work! Best microbrewery in Austin - toss up between (512) and Jester King, probably.[/quote]
Love [512]! At least all the stuff that makes it up here to Dallas.
I also enjoy the occasional razzing of Longhorn fans, and OU fans, A&M fans…and so on.

Charlottesville has a really great brewpub scene growing up in and around the town, and those breweries are not going further afield and distributing. Starr Hill’s been doing it a while, but now we have Blue Mountain and Devil’s Backbone.

The only kind of brewery they have in Blacksburg is the kind where you ferment in the top of the toilet bowl! :cheers:

My K-State Wildcats will easily surpass expectations again this year. I don’t expect them to be competing for a national championship, but it’s going to be another thrilling year. I just can’t wait to get it started.

Mizzou-Rah. Its hard to get used to them being in the SEC.

I really don’t follow football but i like watching the games, college and pro. I get some of my best naps in between qrtr 1 and qrtr4.

There are a couple of microbreweries in Columbia MO. Flat Branch has a really nice selection of beers and good food. Broadway Brewery seemed to focus on good Belgian styles, and had limited food options. Since they’re close to each other, you can hit both.

Syracuse Orangemen for us. They have sucked for a few years now so we wait for hoops season.

BTW the mods here don’t usually care about the subject matter if it stays nice so let’s have a homebrew and watch the game. Notice how I kept it a beer subject? :roll:

[quote=“Shadetree”][quote=“ibeentired”] But there is no misc. section for it to go in.[/quote]Used to be a brew-ha-ha section for this sort of thing, but too many people abused it and panties got in a twist too often, so it got pulled.

As a UT graduate and Austin resident for 36 years, I sort of support the Longhorns, but get more fun out of rubbing their embarrassing antics on and off the field into the faces of the bigtime UT supporters at work! Best microbrewery in Austin - toss up between (512) and Jester King, probably.[/quote]

Anyone else have the guts to admit they’re a Jayhawk fan? I have high hopes of winning more than 2 games this year.