Buying a grain mill

What grain mill should I buy?. I’m looking for a good solid machine.
Brad

That’s like asking what car to buy. Everyone is going to tell you their mill is the best one on the market.

The are all solid products. Find one in the price range you have and features you need. Are you/can you build your own stand/hopper? Then they are all an option.

If you need a complete set up, there is only one, maybe 2 on the market that will work for you.

I have used the JSP Maltmill for many years. I built a rolling table for it and run it with a drill. Very happy with it.

http://s170.photobucket.com/user/tookalisten/media/Maltmill.jpg.html

[quote=“Nighthawk”]That’s like asking what car to buy. Everyone is going to tell you their mill is the best one on the market.

The are all solid products. Find one in the price range you have and features you need. Are you/can you build your own stand/hopper? Then they are all an option.

If you need a complete set up, there is only one, maybe 2 on the market that will work for you.[/quote]

Real good point. I’m looking for a complete system. I kind of like the complete monster mill three roller and JSP AA that our host sells.

I got a Cereal Killer, and it has worked fine for me, but I wish I had dropped the extra 50 bucks on a Monster Mill, just for the piece of mind that it’s backed by great customer service and it’s a proven brand.

SOLD!! Thanks much!
Brad

SOLD!! Thanks much!
Brad[/quote]

Sounds like you already had your mind made up and just needed confirmation. I have a barley crusher and have been very happy with it. Its a fine mill; however, I know there are way better mills. I’m positive you’ll be happy with your pick.