Bud Light Platinum

You can get a 12 pack of sam adams for a price that is very close to a 12 pack of bud light.

Call us nuts but we enjoy the 3xfiltered, clean, crisp taste & 6.0% ABV kick. (also in 3.2%ABW)

We have been serving it to those who haven’t tried it as we like the near water mouth feel in addition to the fore-mentioned attributes.

I am an ale drinker by choice but I can be LAGERED into a cold, gold brew…I’m not scared.

I dont care if bud light was 20% there’s 0 taste. This is the reason why I started brewing. Taste!!! :mrgreen:

[quote=“grainbelt”][quote=“mppatriots”]…
Blue Moon is disgusting.[/quote]

so is a lot of craft beer[/quote]

I have to agree. But then again, there have always been great beers and bad beers…the only difference there are now proportionately more of both.

Regarding the Bud Platinum, I suppose it serves some pupose in the marketplace. It seems to be becoming known as the fast-buzz BMC beer. AB-InBev may actually have something of a hit on their hands with this one. A large part of the current day beer loving crowd (both BMC and “craft”) seems to perceive higher octane as an important mark of perceived ‘quality’.

As far as the “good and bad” of the so called “craft” beers out there, sure, there are indeed some downright woeful “craft” beers being sold. Having been a lover of good, well made beer for more than 4 decades, my observation is that while the sheer volume and variety of choice has changed in the last 35-40 years or so, I don’t think the actual ratio of the good-vs-bad beers has really changed by very much, if at all.

But as always, it is the quest for the winners that is half the fun.

[quote=“The Professor”]

But as always, it is the quest for the winners that is half the fun.[/quote]

Truth.

[quote=“The Professor”][quote=“grainbelt”][quote=“mppatriots”]…
Blue Moon is disgusting.[/quote]

so is a lot of craft beer[/quote]

I have to agree. But then again, there have always been great beers and bad beers…the only difference there are now proportionately more of both.

Regarding the Bud Platinum, I suppose it serves some pupose in the marketplace. It seems to be becoming known as the fast-buzz BMC beer. AB-InBev may actually have something of a hit on their hands with this one. A large part of the current day beer loving crowd (both BMC and “craft”) seems to perceive higher octane as an important mark of perceived ‘quality’.

As far as the “good and bad” of the so called “craft” beers out there, sure, there are indeed some downright woeful “craft” beers being sold. Having been a lover of good, well made beer for more than 4 decades, my observation is that while the sheer volume and variety of choice has changed in the last 35-40 years or so, I don’t think the actual ratio of the good-vs-bad beers has really changed by very much, if at all.

But as always, it is the quest for the winners that is half the fun.[/quote]

I never understood the dumbestics and craft beer ABV hype in the US. (Well I guess I get it but not getting into that) I will take something along the lines of a mild in ABV anyday