Bud Light Platinum

[quote=“Scott Miller”]I think I’ll hold out until they come out with Bud Sour.[/quote]They have one, but it’s to a real sour as Bud Light is to a real beer - it’s called “Bud Light with Lime”.

Tried Bud Light Platinum for the first time tonight. Although I didn’t expect much I expected more than what was given. It taste just like Bud Light but with more alcohol…
even with that it tasted just like bud light.

It has a pretty bottle color…

A friend distributes it so I got to try some for free. I think it tastes a lot like Bud Light but has a bit of an apple taste to it.

Besides the bottle, I think it’s an OK beer (it is what it was intended to be) but a waste of time.

mod: please close this thread. There is already a BL Platinum thread:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=107618

In addition, we’ve already had this beer shoved down our throats by ad-men.

Moderator Edit: The 2 threads have now been merged.

hahah!

i doubt i will try platinum any time soon. i cant imagine it being much different than the original. and if i’m going to be drinking bud light, it might as well be the least expensive bud light i can find

Perhaps their target market are those with platinum plated front teeth.

I woul never purchase it, only time I would try it if I was out and it was the only thing available.

from the looks of it…I’d rather be sober!

[quote=“grainbelt”]I woul never purchase it, only time I would try it if I was out and it was the only thing available.[/quote]There’s always ice tea or water…

ha true, and probably would have that most times over it.
BUt I meant seclusion ice fishing or camping or something along those lines

Thanks to Blue Moon I’m sure.[/quote]
Blue Moon is disgusting.

ahh yes, when red bull was a malt liquor (not an energy drink) and the blue bull was the ice version. 7.7% ABV if I remember right. Only came in 22 oz bombers by the case and we used to bong 'em. Yep, I’m glad I found the homebrew light!

[quote=“Loopie Beer”]Tried Bud Light Platinum for the first time tonight. Although I didn’t expect much I expected more than what was given. It taste just like Bud Light but with more alcohol…
even with that it tasted just like bud light.[/quote]

Platinum tastes nothing like regular bud light. I had a few friends over last night and made the comment that a couple people had posted that on this board. Platinum is extremely smooth. Almost no taste to it. You would never know it was 6%. I can see this being the beer for the football tailgating group who want to tie one on before the game.

I don’t think anyone can say it tastes bad. It really doesn’t havemuch flavor at all.

Blue Moon is disgusting.[/quote]

Maybe, but it’s a big seller for Coors.

Blue Moon is disgusting.[/quote]

so is a lot of craft beer

[quote]Platinum tastes nothing like regular bud light. I had a few friends over last night and made the comment that a couple people had posted that on this board. Platinum is extremely smooth. Almost no taste to it. You would never know it was 6%. I can see this being the beer for the football tailgating group who want to tie one on before the game.

I don’t think anyone can say it tastes bad. It really doesn’t havemuch flavor at all.[/quote]

Smooth? No taste? Doesn’t have much flavor at all?

Sounds like bud light to me. :lol:

[quote=“Rookie L A”]Smooth? No taste? Doesn’t have much flavor at all?

Sounds like bud light to me. :lol: [/quote]

This was precisely what I meant by my original post… Like I said, wasn’t expecting something extraordinary, but was expecting SOMETHING.

I agree that this will be a big hit with people looking to get drunk quickly because it will do the trick without the “heaviness” associated with a higher alcohol beer.

I tried it. I thought it had a little fruitiness to it compared to Bud Light. I drink Bud Light occasionally and it’s like sex in a canoe*, for sure, but that is not always a bad thing.

• f*#%ing near water.

:cheers:

I would agree about Budlight. When people find out I make my own beer they often say "oh you probably don’t drink bud light (miller, etc). But, if I am going to tie one on over a period of 6 hours I’m not hitting my good stuff!