Bud Light Platinum

I haven’t tried it, but I did see it in the store today. Anyone given it a try? I have read that it has more ‘beer’ flavor than regular bud or bud light. I will prob try one.

Sounds absolutely delightful!
Hope its available in classy 40 oz packaging.
I wonder if it has more corn beer flavor or rice beer flavor.
And it looks like it comes in a stupid blue bottle WTF??

c’mon, Bud uses a predominately RICE recipe for BUD products and CORN for Busch & Natty… Have you tried a Natty Daddy? in a big blue can?

[quote=“Scott Miller”]Sounds absolutely delightful!
Hope its available in classy 40 oz packaging.
I wonder if it has more corn beer flavor or rice beer flavor.
And it looks like it comes in a stupid blue bottle WTF??[/quote]

Pure marketing genuis, they will sell a million cans just Superbowl weekend.

I don’t find any fault in using rice and/or corn in pale lagers/cream ales. I guess I’m not quite as ‘beer snobby’ as some. That said, I don’t expect to be wowed by it. And while a blue bottle is stupid, its better than a green or clear one.

I wonder how many people work in their marketing department alone.
Probably 10 for every 1 that actually makes their beers.
They’ll be #1 forever just from marketing.
At least give us a pry top if it’s supposed to be premium,
IE not open/drink as fast as you can, repeat.

[quote=“Scott Miller”]
At least give us a pry top if it’s supposed to be premium[/quote]

Hey now,
it is not just premium,

this is Platinum man! :wink:

[quote=“Scott Miller”]I wonder how many people work in their marketing department alone.[/quote]Enough to come up with ads that keep men convinced that drinking diet beer is manly!

You think so too??? :twisted:

[quote=“shredd3r”]You think so too??? :twisted: [/quote]Are you asking if I think that drinking diet beer is manly or that the beer companies are geniuses for figuring out how to convince men that they should base their choice of beer on the amount of calories it contains?

Does that mean the horse is over it’s bladder infection? :roll:

I guess they had to do something new since Coors outsold them in overall sales last year.

Thanks to Blue Moon I’m sure.

One think I want to say

Platinum has 6 percent alcohol by volume, as compared to Bud Light’s 4.2 .

When I had a taste for piss and high ABV, I’d reach for a Bull Ice. Not a platinum drinker yet, I’ll have to stick with premium.

[quote=“appypaddy”]One think I want to say

Platinum has 6 percent alcohol by volume, as compared to Bud Light’s 4.2 .[/quote]

Ummmm…yay? I guess… :roll:

Our liquor store offers up singles of the new beers & broken 6r’s etc so we picked up a couple to try. It is surly a Bud product but for a 6%ABV has little to no harsh alcohol taste, just smooth extra light clean BUD, I do not drink this kind or brand often, however my co-brewer enjoys the Natural Light made by them and a work partner drinks Busch Light also their product so I am familiar w/their taste. We give it a 4.5 for nearly perfect Lager…

This beer has to be the first sign of the coming apocalypse.

In addition I should say we found 3.2% Platinum @ the Grocery store here in CO since my co-brewer enjoys the sessionable 3.2% variety of Natty…

I think I’ll hold out until they come out with Bud Sour.