Bru'n water report with batch sparge

tonight I’m brewing a pliny clone. After entering my info to bru’n water, the only additions called for are 2.7 ml of lactic acid during the sparge addition.
Would I add this during my second water addition or not add at all?

ROT is to add acid to your water (strike or sparge) before heating it. It’s not unreasonable to acidity your sparge water if Bru’nWater recommends it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

[quote=“kcbeersnob”]ROT is to add acid to your water (strike or sparge) before heating it. It’s not unreasonable to acidity your sparge water if Bru’nWater recommends it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk[/quote]

hmmm.
I have already heated the water for the second running and will begin the first sparge in about 10 minutes.
water is already heated. any suggestions?

[quote=“Roddy”][quote=“kcbeersnob”]ROT is to add acid to your water (strike or sparge) before heating it. It’s not unreasonable to acidity your sparge water if Bru’nWater recommends it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk[/quote]

hmmm.
I have already heated the water for the second running and will begin the first sparge in about 10 minutes.
water is already heated. any suggestions?[/quote]

Yeah, just proceed from where you are.

So for future sessions, when should I make my sparge additions??

In the water before you heat it. That seems to be the best way to do it. You could also just put them in the kettle if you don’t have to acidify your sparge water. That’s been my usual method, but I’m trying the pre heat water additions now to compare.

In the water before you heat it. That seems to be the best way to do it. You could also just put them in the kettle if you don’t have to acidify your sparge water. That’s been my usual method, but I’m trying the pre heat water additions now to compare.[/quote]

Before I heat the water for the second runnings or for the original mash?

[quote=“Roddy”]
Before I heat the water for the second runnings or for the original mash?[/quote]
Both

In the water before you heat it. That seems to be the best way to do it. You could also just put them in the kettle if you don’t have to acidify your sparge water. That’s been my usual method, but I’m trying the pre heat water additions now to compare.[/quote]

Before I heat the water for the second runnings or for the original mash?[/quote]

Both.

ETA: Great minds, huh? :cheers: