Brewing uniforms?

Saw a post from a few of ya that you always brew with flip flops. Does anyone else here have a specific set of clothes they brew in? I’ve got my old adidas gym shorts and my mosh pit weathered Mastodon shirt and an Alaskan Brewery hat. 7 batches in a row so far (still a newbie I suppose).

Flops and a fishing shirt with my brewery name on it…that is usually soaking with sweat before I start my mash.

Despite how ugly they are I wear Crocs since it makes standing for a good stretch of the day more comfortable, then just cargo shorts and a tee during summer. During winter it is the Crocs, hiking pants and a hooded sweatshirt.

I usually just try to wear my beer shirts. My garage is heated and I have plenty of body insulation so I always wear light weight clothes and shoes.

If you wear flip flops to brew, you WILL eventually have burned feet, either from water or your burner. Experience…

I usually like to wear a flannel like shirt. Something that will give a little protection from a liquid burn if I do something stupid. I have also had the burned foot experience wearing flip flops. I wear shoes now:)

Back patio poolside with flip flops and non descript shorts and shirts. However I do accesorize with either my pipe or a nice cigar. Cold pint goes w/o saying.

@CCM; wait until the heat and humidity finally arrives down here this summer :wink:

Something comfortable, but always closed toe shoes - I fear scorching my feet and I tend to bump things with my feet! I have an AHA brewers work shirt and one from Dogfish Head, but lots a times it’s just a beer T and a pair of loose shorts with pockets for knife, pliers, cell phone/timer, etc…

But for may’s big brew, the guys in my neighborhood spiff it up with our club polos.

:cheers:

I wear cargo shorts that I don’t mind getting dirty, a t-shirt I don’t mind staining, and some slip on tennis shoes. I used to wear crocs, but they gave me blisters. and sandals until I splashed some sparge water on my toes once. just enough to feel it.

Sandals and an MCAB t-shirt usually. No pants, of course.

No pants? Never tried that brewing. Frying bacon definitely but never brewing :cheers:

No matter how hot it is, I always wear long pants and closed shoes when I brew. I’m clumsy and I’ve hurt myself too may times to dress any other way. Once I get to cleanup I’ll put on some shorts and sandals.

Don’t ask me why but I have to have a ball cap on to brew. :roll:
So I guess my list would be shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes, ball cap.

I’ve always wondered how people brew in flip flops. I’ve never had enough nerve. I do wear shorts however. Hell, a couple brew days ago I got a little loose with the spoon trying to get pellet hops off the side of the pot by splashing the wort around the side and ended up getting hot wort all over my ankle ha… No flip flops for this cat.

It all depends on the weather. From parkas to tank tops. Always go with foot protection though.

I always were my old school hair net Packers hat. The trucker style with foam front you know. I found it in a kegg the other day scince it has been four years scince I brewed it was four years ago that I wore that hat. Love having it back…

[quote=“Baratone Brewer”]Don’t ask me why but I have to have a ball cap on to brew. :roll:
So I guess my list would be shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes, ball cap.[/quote]

I have no special uniform, but do like to wear the ball cap from a long closed brew pub (Port Halling). The brewer there was fantastic.

Adidas Sambas on the feet.

All this talk of scorched feet may make me re-think my use of flops as standard brewing attire.

[quote=“Rookie L A”][quote=“Baratone Brewer”]Don’t ask me why but I have to have a ball cap on to brew. :roll:
So I guess my list would be shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes, ball cap.[/quote]

I have no special uniform, but do like to wear the ball cap from a long closed brew pub (Port Halling). The brewer there was fantastic.[/quote]

I’m a sweat-factory in any temperature above 60*F so the ball cap is a must have for sanity’s sake. I do alternate between my Odell IPA, Alaskan, and Sam Adams hats, though. But that’s just because I work at a taphouse and we host breweries all the time and they’re constantly giving away hats, t-shirts, pint glasses, etc.