Brewing uniforms?

I hope that you take a lesson from my experience so you don’t have to find out like I did!

The seasons certainly impact the attire but I always manage to get my ratty Buffalo Bills t shirt workin…Go Bills!

I feel pretty reckless now with my usually-bare feet, though I do brew in my kitchen. I have burned my feet with sparge water, so I guess I’m just stubborn. No particular uniform to speak of, though I usually clean up in just a bra and shorts because I hate getting my shirts wet.

I ferment in Curtec drums and wouldn’t want to have carry them with a pair of flip flops on.

I’ve splashed sparge water on my feet so flops are no longer used. Like many, I just dressed depending on the outside temp.

But here’s a tip: if you have a burner, tuck-in any loose garments! While stirring the wort as it came to a boil, my wife came out and noticed that my t-shirt was hanging awfully close to my banjo burner. Catching on fire would definitely ruin my beer.

I’ve burned my leg on my burner and stand so it’s long pants no matter what the weather.

[quote=“Baratone Brewer”]I ferment in Curtec drums and wouldn’t want to have carry them with a pair of flip flops on.[/quote]I carry mine with flip flops but it does make me nervous.

Please tell us you’re a female. :slight_smile:

I’m totally with you on the closed-toe shoes and long pants. I burned the crap out of my arm on the kettle while chilling wort a couple batches ago, which makes me want to consider long-sleeve shirts as well. It was really just stupidity that caused it, though, and that’s going to find a way to happen no matter what I wear :wink:

Please tell us you’re a female. :slight_smile: [/quote]

Either I’m a female or the first man to give birth!

T-shirt, jeans, rubber boots… but then that’s what I wear everyday, so…