Brewing software

So should I get beersmith for my Ipad or Mac book?

you can have on two machines with one purchase but I dont think the ipad and macbook are considered the same version so you would have to buy two

+1

For the Mac, nothing beats BeerAlchemy. There are nearly quarterly updates to quash bugs and keep up with OS updates.[/quote]
Know the OP went with BeerSmith but since I’m a OSX and iOS user I prefer BeerAlchemy. Could be because its what I learned on (since BeerSmith 1 didn’t work on OSX) but I like the inventory management in BA 2 better and I use it extensively to keep track of grains and hops.

BeerAlchemy has the better user interface, by far. More intuitive, better organized, and in my opinion easier on the eyes. .

They offer free trials…making it pretty easy to help you decide!

Trying not to hijack, but I have Beersmith 2 - will that allow its use on a Windows PC (as currently doing) and on my iPad? (Thinking not, but that would be awesome if it did!). Is a separate subscription required for the iPad? Is the information freely transferable between devices? Ok, I admit - full hijack.

The iPad and PC versions require different licenses so you would need to buy both of them

A potentially better solution is to just buy something like Splashtop for your iPad and then access your PC and the full version of BS that way. then you only have one copy to worry about as well as one database.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

You can copy the BeerSmith data files between the different operating systems. Instructions are on the BeerSmith blog. You can also use one computer as a server - sharing the directory with the BeerSmith data - so your files are always the same, regardless of which computer you use. Or, you can set up synchronization between toe computers. Yes, you can use a Mac, a PC or a Linux computer as a server for any of the other operating systems.