Brewing programs

Which brewer apps do you prefer. I work on a tablet so I have been using brewers friend. I’ve tried brew toad also.

I’ve been using BrewTarget 2.0 … it meets my needs so far … and it’s open source, so the price is hard to beat. :slight_smile:

If your using an iPad, I can tell you from experience to avoid iBrewMaster2. Worst app ever!
On the PC/Mac side, BeerSmith is pretty solid.

For the few, the proud, the Windows Phone users, there’s Pocket Brewer. Works okay for me.

I use Beersmith on my android, pc, and mac. Makes it easy to share recipes between all systems.

I thought beer smith was a program you have to download to a computer.

I have two programs I use on two computers. Beersmith is a really great program with great support but, it is a bit pricey. Like was said earlier, you sure can’t beat the price of brew target. Great free brewing program. Either would work well for you I’m sure. :cheers:

They have an app for the iphone and android as well. The iPhone one was like $8 and it allows sharing all the recipes in the cloud among all devices. It’s great to edit a recipe on my computer, then on brew day, pull out my phone and double check my recipe and have a brew timer for all my additions for that recipe right at my fingertips. Very convenient, but as others say, it’s a bit pricey.

I haven’t done a comparison of features shared between the iphone and PC version but it seems you might be able to get by with just the mobile version.

For Mac, I’ve only ever used Beer Alchemy. Beer Smith UI is too crowded.

I’ve been using brewers friend on my iPad and I find it good for what I’m doing. But they only let you save 5 recipes before you buy in ,so I work on recipes then print them out. I really like their label generator. The buy in is more than beer smith because you have to renew. Does beer smith have a label generator?

I use Brewzor for strike temp and hop bitterness, and other calculations.

They have an app for the iphone and android as well. The iPhone one was like $8 and it allows sharing all the recipes in the cloud among all devices. It’s great to edit a recipe on my computer, then on brew day, pull out my phone and double check my recipe and have a brew timer for all my additions for that recipe right at my fingertips. Very convenient, but as others say, it’s a bit pricey.

I haven’t done a comparison of features shared between the iphone and PC version but it seems you might be able to get by with just the mobile version.[/quote]

What Matt said.

Android version is missing a few features compared to desktop, and I’m guessing it is a direct port of the iOS version. For the price, though, it’s still a good choice even without the desktop version.

I use BeerSmith. While it is a bit pricey, relatively speaking, I think it’s worth it. Brad seems very intent and dedicated to the product. Continuing to update the software as well as the cross platform compatibility is nice. I actually had some issues when it first came out for the Kindle, Brad contacted me and developed a fix within 1-2 days. I use it on my PC, Laptop, Kindle, and Android phone. I’ve just started using my phone as a brew timer, it’s working well.
It’s a free trial, I suggest you try it.

I use ibrewmaster2 on my iphone and love it. Takes a little bit to learn but works perfectly for me. It also has the nice feature that all NB recipes pre-loaded if you order kits.

:cheers:
Rad

That is pretty nifty.