Brewing and Football

Can’t cancel any TV subscription here, snowing … /: .
I wonder if the arena league is now playing way more of their stuff because we will be getting a team up in Duluth…
Sneezles61

Those “summer” football leagues never seem to last. For us it’s baseball season too. We watched a lot of spring training games before the season started this year. Think pinstripes :baseball:

Might watch Bruins vs Panthers this afternoon. Our next door neighbor grew up in Boston so I expect some yelling from there.

1 Like

Football legend Jim Brown passed away overnight in LA. He was incredibly popular in my neck of the woods growing up, and his replacement on the Browns , Leroy Kelly was no slouch either….

1 Like

Jim play football for Syracuse University in my home town. It’s a little known fact that he also excelled in lacrosse and actually liked playing it better. Since there was no pro lacrosse so no future in it he stuck with football. He also played basketball and ran track. A true “phenom”

2 Likes

And we are back here again! My Vikings’ D-fence looks like Swiss cheese against the pass again… oh dear… /:
Sneezles61

Cowboys coming out swinging tonight ….loaded team.

1 Like

And tonight’s offering! Just not a fan of Aaron Rogers…
Sneezles61
Edit: I can not believe the Jets put ALL their eggs in Rogers basket… half time report is just doom and gloom… I feel like it’s a one person team… no one else…

Not a Rogers fan either. Sad ending for my Bills last night too.

I couldn’t stay awake to watch OT… They seemed like my Vikes… kinda helped themselves to the losers pile…
Sneezles61

Some teams looked better than expected and some looked awful. For example- Browns Bengals. That wasn’t expected.

1 Like

Yeah typical week 1. First couple weeks are usually full of injuries and adjustments. Here’s to a good football watching season :beers:

3 Likes

What’s everyone’s house beer for couch season?

I look for Mn brewed stuff… prefer it low ABV…
Sneezles61

Anyone see the Jets KC game? Im still fuming this morning. The officials once again made themselves the story. We all know mahomes is a great QB it is annoying how he; s given do overs all the times. The Jets should have gotten the ball back. They may have lost but at least by there own hands not some nameless official. It was turning into a great game. Ruined :angry:

Jets needed that one. Wilson outplayed Mahomes. Some quarterbacks are just anointed.
However, maybe this is the game it turns around the jets fortunes?

And……Bengals still look awful.
Bills got tired of hearing about the Dolphins apparently.

Yeah both the browns and bengals looked awful yesterday. So odd to see the Pats struggle.

Maybe Bilecheck will pull the pin after this season? Or he just needs to prove more…. /:
Sneezles61
Edit: Giants are really struggling… wait… QB is now stepping and fetching some yards…

Just heard Dick Butkus passed away ……age 80. Chills, one of those “I just froze in place when I heard” moments ……HOF football great from my “black and white” television childhood.

3 Likes

Sad indeed. Wasn’t there a picture circulating of him just about to jab someone in the eye on a play? The old “black and blue” days…
Sneezles61

1 Like

:scream: Good Lord what a finish for my Stillers!! Good thing we have a good defense cause our offense is horrible! At least we got one TD drive when it counted. What a game that turned out to be for a delightful fall brew day! :sunglasses:

:beers:
Rad