Brewing and Football

I actually like some of the new rules but they need to be administered equally. Is it true this year the Pro bowl will be a flag football format?

That was crazy scary to watch last night. As an ex player I had teammates ambulanced off the field for numerous things, but nothing even remotely close to watching them keep someone alive. The bengals fans were tops and everyone in the stadium handled it wonderfully. The NFL did the right thing by postponing the game. ESPN could have handled it a little better. Clearly they too were in shock and didn’t know what to say, which I can’t blame them. But they should have just admitted they didn’t know what to say and move to game highlights rather than just saying the same thing over and over. Heck even some of the on air talent were on their phones during it. Hopefully this young man will be okay.

2 Likes

Has it been determined it was from playing or personal health issue?
We didn’t see it but happen… turned to the watch and a bunch of talking. Let’s pray he’s able to walk out of the hospital…
Sneezles61

Damar Hamlin was released from Cincy hospital and transferred to a Buffalo hospital. Although still in a hospital he was well enough to be transferred so that’s a good sign!
Some good football yesterday. Glad to see some of the teams not just tank due to not making the playoffs. Looking at you Detroit! You played hard and won despite knowing you wouldn’t be in the playoffs and winning means Seattle would!
Looking forward to this national championship game. But TCU better get their defense together.

2 Likes

The horny frogs aren’t doing so well

And what does a horny frog say?
Rubbit!!
Now a priest told us that joke when my mother was in the hospital… so it can’t be that bad… can it?
I was quite glad Lions did out play the Packers… I’m looking forward to play offs… all I asked of my Queens was one extra game every year… Can they stumble across the finish line first again?
Sneezles61

1 Like

The actual play that decided the whole thing, looking back.Marvin Harrison Junior hit in semifinal - Google Search

Geez, what another viscous hit… It all happens so fast…
Sneezles61

I know, play it in real time and listen. Not judged to be targeting, which I was kinda sorta maybe semi OK with, but, man, what might’ve been. We (the Buckeyes)were in control at that point.

Maybe I’m a knucklehead, but down in the end zone, I’m not sure tackling is needed…. Jump for the ball… it’s all about knocking the ball out of play…. Football is a physical game regardless…
Sneezles61

Well its the Vikings last win so hopefully you enjoyed your season :rofl:

1 Like

Who are they playing… what… I’ll go look and see how it’s going…
Sneezles61
I’m back… I should’ve know… it was yer gents!

Hopefully a good game again this time. The Vikings won the last one in another squeaker

1 Like

Poor TCU. Should’ve invoked some type of mercy rule like they do in softball.

I started watching but turned it off at the half. Probably many did. Not exactly what the powers that be had in mind when they came up with the CFP format. The everyone goes to some type of bowl also lost on me. Lets water it all down like every other sport. More games more wildcards blah blah blah

You mean you just don’t love teams with a losing record playing in a bowl game?!?! :joy:. I too turned it off at half. Georgia was all gas and no brakes while TCU couldn’t figure out how to start the engine. I still think they need to ditch the Monday game and put it on the weekend. I get the NFL and college won’t compete but then start the season a week early or limit the amount of games. Reality is, for many, unless your a big fan of the teams competing, your likely not going to stay up and lose sleep over it.

Well, I saw Seahawks was to win… WRONG…
Sneezles61

Hey… I’ve seen 2 plays, either the left or right guard moves the arm to assume forward… before the snap… or is it just as it’s snapped… no penalty?
Sneezles61

The Jags game late was a good one apparently…….I went to bed before the comeback……zzzzzzzz🤦🏻‍♂️

Bengals play the Ravens tonight……some bad blood there.

I think LAC figured they was gonna win and took their eye off the ball…
Sneezles61