Brewing and Football

Could always go to a local sports bar and watch whilst swilling BMC… or water…
Sneezles61

Last night we set up Prime to record TNF and watched the game this morning. Worked great. Could FF through the commercials and 1/2 time.

My only complaint is the FF is only the thermometer bar with the time, no thumbnail size pic so you know where you are. I got so I could figure about how much time to buzz through and all was well. Oh and the Bills won :football:

1 Like

Alright… Fox has the soccer game on! It’s very chilly out so I’m going to hang out and watch… Go USA!!
Sneezles61

I too have been watching. Not looking promising.

There one more half to do sumptin’ with…. I like the fact the clock keeps ticking…. No lolligagging!
Sneezles61
Edit: the commentator’s said the Dutch have the best goal defender! Good game!

And my Vikings did what they do…. As it stands, for now, I’ll get one extra game this year from them…
Sneezles61

Big match coming up! Argentina vs France. They also have a consolation 3rd place game. That would be kinda weird. I’m trying to think what other sport does that ….Olympic games? Final Four in ncaa bb?

1 Like

Yeah kind of weird. 3 place but not sure. If should watch. For me the. World cup. Is over. Holland. Belguim spain portugal. Went home. But amazing maroko did awesome.

1 Like

Guess will be watching. Today beer bbq. Today as well last day of the year working. Vacation till the 4 of next year. Plan for 3 brew sessions. Next week. Pilsner a ipa. And a kriek lambic. Pfff got to spent cash again on xmas gifts. This year xmas eve at my house no escape

Extra time!

And now they apparently have a halftime in the extra time?

Tied again! 3-3

2 x 15 min extra play time. Penalty shoot out. Pfff argentina did win. Was really for france. Good news. Messie gonna retire. Proberly gonna play in the usa. For lots of cash

1 Like

Watchin’ brew cat?
Sneezles61

Yeah i watched. Crappy game though :disappointed:

Actually pretty exciting game down to the wire as usual

If Washington looses today we still have a shot

Imagine, our kicker…. 15 points laying around on the field from about 30 yards…. Then bangs in the winner?
Sneezles61

Amazingly enough my Stillers pulled it out at the end last night. I am praying for a losing season finally so that we can be done with that talking point, I’m quite sick of it being a “thing” at this point when we’ve done essentially nothing for the past decade. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

If you did not see MNF last night, Damar Hamlin the Bills safety suffered a cardiac arrest early in the 1st quarter. Live updates: Damar Hamlin in critical condition after NFL Bills-Bengals game

I watched in horror as they quickly administered CPR and took him away in an ambulance. The players on both sides were in shock.

They game was postponed with a decision about a reschedule to be announced. The mostly Bengals crowd acted with great respect and left in an orderly fashion.

2 Likes

Scary, its a violent game we watch and sometimes we forget. Why do we watch modern day gladiators. We are a violent species and all cultures have their equivalent. Maybe its an outlet. I have no idea, will we stop watching ? No and i don’t think we should stop. The one thing i don’t like is when I hear about players off field violence. Keep it on the field

1 Like

I thought some of the new rules to prevent injuries like better roughing the passer calls would detract from the excitement of the game but it really didn’t. It is a violent game and injuries will happen but last night was not an ordinary injury. It did not look like that bad a collision to me.