Brewing and Football

I know…two draws so far. Better than two losses. Beat Iran!

2 Likes

Today at 11 holland at 3 usa plays. Really hope usa makes it to the next round. Give it few more years The usa will be a feared soccer nation

4 Likes

I’ve not followed soccer… Basically because it just hasn’t been as much of our culture as it is over seas. Now may be a good time to broaden my views… the players sure do run alot and the game doesn’t slow down like football does…
How big is the field?
Sneezles61

Big.
You should try to find “Ted Lasso” on your cable provider. Good show. Nice intro to futbol for yanks.
EDIT/update……US advances!!!

1 Like

Both my kids were goalies. Once you start watching and understand futbol the American version is way too slow.

2 Likes

Uh oh… there’s a deeper plot to this game?…
Well, it’s cold up here so moving fast on the slippery frozen ground just won’t happen… unless…
Sneezles61

They call that version hockey. Similar in many ways.

2 Likes

Saturday holland vs usa

1 Like

I think its 105 to 125 meters long and 68 meters wide

1 Like

Tonight the Bills play at the Pats and it is exclusively on Amazon Prime. We have prime so I can watch it but I really think it sucks. For one it makes it difficult to record. Also for those who don’t want or care to have Prime unless you go through the process to get a free trial for the maybe one game you want to see you can forget about seeing it without some other expensive option.

Used to be any NFL game that was televised was on the big 3 (now 4) networks so you were just about guaranteed to be able to watch weeknight games.

End of rant, too early for a beer so I’ll get another cup of coffee.

1 Like

I know on my provider the game is also on one of the major networks. I have Prime and have never watched a Thursday night game on it.

I have a hard time paying for TV… AND it seems to be the way it’s going…. Should the NFL jump into subscription to watch… I’ll have more time on my hands…
I’m with you, too early for an ice cold brew….
Sneezles61

We switched from Xfinity because their internet was terrible even though the TV was pretty good to AT&T fiber. So for TV we have Youtube TV. Once you get used to it, it’s great. The game is not on a network channel though. AT&T fiber is great BTW.

Prime does allow you to record the Thurs night game and play it back anytime up until the beginning of next season. So we set that up due to the likelihood that I will not be awake to see the entire game.

Yeah I haven’t watched Thursday all season because i don’t do Amazon. But I have been streaming for years. Ive had them all ytube sling now I’m doing hulu. Depends on the deal at the time. You set up an account and can turn them on and off or switch no penalty no contract. Don watch much after football season so shut them all off and just do Vudu pay for individual watching

AT&T is copper up here… won’t be changed for another 5 years I was told… Mediacom is internet… but just the difficulty we have, it’s simpler to just watch ME tv over the air… we try stuff, but.
Sneezles61

I just signed up for the prime video only. 8.99 after 30 days. So today is the first so i can watch 5 Thursdays before I pay. Then I’ll cancel. Only 5 TNF games left anyway. Im so cheap :disappointed:

1 Like

Confusion…. Must cut tv cords!!!
Well, just clowning around… seems there’ll be so much sport activity Saturday… I hope I see some of it… brewing possible!
Sneezles61

Some guys at work, I was not one, split a DirecTV account. One of them claimed he had 5 TVs and then they set up a dish at 4 other homes. That was all just to divide the cost of NFL Sunday ticket. That was a long time ago so I don’t know if they still do that and of course it was illegal.

well the problem with that is local games are blackout anyway so you still need another provider

We need a provider here because the transmission towers are too far away and no mountains or even a hill to put towers on. Where those guys were any local game could probably be picked up on an antenna if not blacked out. A good antenna might pick up a neighboring station with the game

Back in those days I kinda knew a guy that could hack those satellite cards and could watch any game. Statue of limitations has run out on that so he is safe.

Now days there are sites online that broadcast games (illegally) but some are scams or not safe.