Anyone brew the new RyePA extract kit?

[quote=“NHMikeT”]I know this is an old post, but I’m brewing the RyePA Extract Kit soon and it’s my first kit brew (5th batch total). I’ve been doing full boils for all my batches so far, with really good results, so when I see in the instructions with the kit to only do a 2.5 gal boil, I’m a little hesitant. Has anyone brewed this kit as a full-boil? Or, should I just follow this thing line-by-line? (also thinking of adding in some Cascade to end of boil like some others mentioned)>

Thanks for the tips.[/quote]

Go ahead and do a full boil. You’ll get a little higher hop utilization, but you can adjust for it by reducing a little of the bittering addition or just go with it as is. I’d input the recipe into some brewing program (I use hopville.com) as the instructions suggest. Then up the boil amount from what the instructions say to the full boil that you’d like to do. If the IBU’s jump a lot, I’d scale back the bittering addition a little to get back to the original number. If they IBU’s only go up a little, I’d just leave the recipe as is and do a full boil.

EDIT: I’ve done several of NB’s kits with a full boil and never bothered to adjust the hop amounts. The beers all came out great!