1st AG batch!

Well folks, after 16 months of extract and partial mashes, today I did my 1st All Grain batch!
It was Wayne’s Blue Moon recipe(from HBT forum). Took longer than my usual Pmashes, but that was mostly because I was not in any rush and took my time . And I hit my predicted OG spot on! 75% efficiency. And , yes you can mash 10.5 lb grain in a 5 gallon picnic cooler, and do a full volume boil on the stove by splitting between 2 BKs.
I will eventually get a bigger BK and a propane unit, but for now, I’m pretty pleased with myself.
:cheers:

Congrats on your 1st batch! Wasn’t near as bad as what you thought and much easier than you suspected, right? Brew a couple more batches, get your process down and it will become second nature.

Funny I came across that same recipe yesterday and thought, damn I need to brew that. I have many friends who drink blue moon as that is as “craft as it gets.”. You’ll have to let us know how it turns out.

Thanks!
Yeah, my daughter really likes BM and asked me if I could do it. I did try a couple bottles and it’s not bad. Figure it’ll make a good lawnmower beer. Decided it would be a good one to try as my 1st AG as it’s a pretty simple recipe. I’ll post in about 6 weeks when I crack the 1st one. Until then, Good Brew!