Who makes the best Oktoberfest you can buy at the store?

Ayinger for me.

1 Like

Recipe??? :wink:

Haven’t had it recently but used to enjoy Spaten Oktoberfest. I like Sam’s offering also.

You’re dead to me.

1 Like

Huh?

1 Like

Sams.

LOL:joy::joy:

I did try the SN 2016 version finally. It’s ok. 2015 was better, but I probably like a Maerzen style better than the Festbier types.

I take it you don’t like Sam’s. It comes up here on tap at a good many establishments and I have an affinity for fresh beer.

I dont like much of SA…except their summer ale on a hot day…will try to find SN’s 2016 tonight though.

Found it…its tasty…I like it better than 2015’s.

Can you remember 2015 or did you save one?

I remember not liking 2015 much…and i went through a six pack.

I don’t know, maybe it’s me but I’ve had beers and not been impressed then had it again different time and place and enjoyed it. Not sure if it’s a consistently by the brewer, age in the bottle or just my mood. I’d have to do a side by side to really judge

1 Like

I loved the first evil twin molotov cocktail i had…but not the one that was 4 months old :frowning:

1 Like

Unfortunately I think it’s hard to judge SN’s Oktoberfest side by side this time. Last years was more a traditional Marzen and this year a Festbier. Both were really good IMHO.

1 Like

I had Ballast Point Dead Ringer Octoberfest the other day on tap and it was very good. Had never heard of it before. First thing I was thinking of was the Dead Ringer kit from NB that I have bottled up right now! Still have to try to find the Ballast Point in bottles. I would recommend it.

I think the Sierra Nevada 2016 Oktoberfest (collaboration with Mahrs Brau in Bamberg http://www.mahrs.de/en/) is pretty darn good. I recommended it to a Bavarian friend of mine who happened to have a friend from Bamberg in town, and they were quite surprised – the collaboration brewpub is relatively small and they hadn’t expected anyone outside of Bamberg to know about it.

Got hofbrauhaus and left hand and somebody else tonight…looking forward to tomorrow night.

I continue to enjoy Leinie’s and also Capital. Not terribly impressed with Schell or a half dozen others. Oktillion by Ale Asylum is a great pale yellow festbier style if you want something a little more modern.

Today I had bottle 2 and 3 of the Capital Brewery Oktoberfest purchased last week. They did not have the same sweet stick to your teeth after taste the first bottle seemed to have. I really liked it. Will buy it again. Could the first bottle have been to fresh or just an anomaly?

1 Like