Who makes the best Oktoberfest you can buy at the store?

Oddly enough Dave I love Lienie’s OFest offering. Haven’t had a Capital in years as I’m often in the Madison area in spring/summer. Maybe a trip needs to be planned for next fall?!?! :smirk:

1 Like

My perceptions change from day to day and even minute to minute. The different bottles were probably exactly the same; your perception has just changed and you noticed different things at different times.

Cheers.

Same with the 2016 SN Oktoberfest. First bottle of the six was meh…however finishing off the sixpack this weekend after yardwork, tasted much better!

or I was thirstier?

The off taste may have resulted from the two White Castle cheese burgers I had a couple hours earlier.

2 Likes

quote=“flars, post:64, topic:20084, full:true”]

The off taste may have resulted from the two White Castle cheese burgers I had a couple hours earlier.
[/quote]
!!SLIDERS!! YES!

I picked up some Leinie’s Oktoberfest this afternoon. All on @dmtaylo2 saying that it is good. I still drink Leinie’s regular lager, but after a taste of their shandy was hesitant to try any of their other specials.

1 Like

Leinie’s Oktoberfest is a very good Oktoberfest. Sampled three this afternoon.

2 Likes

Lake Superior brewing from Duluth Mn., Octoberfest. I believe one of the “old” original brewers did some training there, and tries to be as true to that as ingredients will allow. Sneezles61

1 Like

I was able to find Central Waters Oktoberfest. Leinie’s Oktoberfest still comes out on top even though none of the others were objectionable.

I was able to finally locate the Ballast Point Dead Ringer Oktoberfest in bottles and have been drinking that. But I also agree that the Leinenkugels Oktoberfest is an awesome brew too. That’s is a lot easier to find. I also enjoy the Sam Adams.

I’m not a fan of Ballast Point Dead Ringer at all, or any other BP for that matter. Tasted like metallic dead yeast slurry to me.

Cant say I like all the BP beers, in fact the first one I tried I did not like at all but cant remember which one it was. Wouldn’t have tried the DR if it had not been on tap at the tavern I go to but I do like it on tap and bottles. I guess taste preference is in the buds of the beer holder.:yum:

1 Like

Our local liquor store has a growler filling station and my first choice to take to a football game get together was out, so I went with Gooseweiser Oktoberfest and I have to (grudgingly) admit, it was pretty darn good…

I didn’t like the Gooseweiser (heh) either. With dozens upon dozens of Oktoberfest options, we can afford to be as picky as we want to be. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No doubt. I wish I could mix a 12er of different kinds instead of buying a sixpack at a time.

Our local liquor/beer depot has mix and match for 6 packs. The price is $1.89 per bottle last time I looked. Not too bad just for sampling though.

6-pack mixers is precisely what I did this year, except after I tasted the Titletown Bent Tuba, I went ahead and bought an entire 6-pack of that stuff, it’s great.

Maybe I’m missing it but I couldn’t find out any info on any of their beers on their website titletownbrewing.com. Not even a list of what they offer?

http://www.titletownbrewing.com/files/depot_menu_10.6.16.pdf

Thanks @dmtaylo2 for posting that. Got some good looking beers there.