Looks interesting…

Up today is " make my day easy" it’s a lighter version of my "Make my day IPA "

Up tomorrow:
Saison to put on top of tart cherries
Scotch ale for my bride
Knot 51K

Big day!

2 Likes

Reminds me. Got a Scotch Ale in a primary now on day 14. Going to check gravity and either keg or secondary it and pitch the new Scotch Ale on the yeast cake. First time trying that!

Have my Kama citra in the keg dryhopping… brewed an all grain irish red on saturday… Looks really dark right now, but I suppose the frementing will go a long way to lighten it up a bit. I hit the estimated preboil and post boil SG’s pretty well and measured the mash ph at 5.21 15 min into it.
Basement temp seems to be a constant 64-65 deg , so hopefully it will be good beer. I tried to get close to the "dublin Ireland " water profile. Should be interesting to see how it comes out.

My boys want to brew up an oktoberfest lager next… I am now wishing I bought a 15 gallon brew kettle. I may try to get a 6 gallon batch to split between two kegs.

1 Like

And the entrance to the rabbit hole gets a bit dimmer… LOL Sounds like you’re hitting on all eight man! Enjoy!

Oh ya, it’s getting out of hand. I am now envisioning my own brew shack where I have a sink, maybe a cement floor with a drain, all my stuff in one place in easy reach , a small cement pad outside the shed for the brew kettle, maybe a roof covering for shade and rain. Then may ask well make it big enough for a bar and TV.

2 Likes

Take and go electric, then you can brew inside year around, nice day, rain days, snow days, even night time!! Sneezles61

1 Like

Or put a vent hood in the shed for your gas system. Sounds like a good plan!

With that shed I noticed you’re missing the biggest, most important thing. Temp control out in the shed. Doesn’t matter your equipment or ingredients if you can’t control your ferm temps.

temp control is a given. heat and AC for me, and I already have a 10 cu ft chest freezer with an inkbird controller…

Hijack alert

1 Like

ok, back on topic… maybe an oktoberfest this weekend or next, depending on when everything arrives.

1 Like

Back to the subject. While I was brewing yesterday I released the pressure on my kegs that needed to be freshened up. And threw in an z of lubliner in one and a z of citra in the other. Today they are already diffused. I didn’t pull the old bags and I don’t weight them. Anyone else do this?

Brew day for me ended after 9 hours with 15 gallons in the jugs, 10 gallons kegged and on gas, and a used freezer hooked up to a new temp controller. I’m letting the freezer run overnight before putting the saison in at 50 degrees tomorrow. Sound Ike the right temp for a week? Another first today as we put the scotch ale on the yeast cake from a scotch ale I kegged this morning. A bonus was a buddy and his son who is visiting from Switzerland spent the day with us. Life is good!:relieved:

My my you were busy

Well, everything blew so gotta fill 'am up!

Munich Helles tomorrow for Oktoberfest. Got to get this fermented and lagering!

1 Like