What's brewin this week

Of my 2 ESB’s, the Burton ale was my choice… Only a pint or two left… I’ve been too busy to brew lately… Sneezles61

Picked up another sack of Rahr 2 row, 18lbs of wheat, Hersbrucker, Spalt, Perle and Wyeast 3068 at my LHBS. Will need to build up the yeast early next week and then pick a day for brewing a Heffe Weisse.

I was leaning toward Safale WB yeast but you can’t beat the banana and clove from 3068. Saved some wort from the last batch so I can make about a 3 gallon starter. I’m thinking blow off tubes for this one because that yeast has always been explosive in the past.

I’ll be brewing a Bavarian Hefeweizen tomorrow. Using WB-06 for the first time. No rain until 3:00 PM so mowing lawn today.

Getting ready at home around 4 when the outside temp cools down. A death ringer ale. 10 gallon batch

Bdsa v2 on sunday…need to keg my saison and altbier.

^^^^ Hey Deo, is that code for bud suds in 2 vessels? Come over Sunday?..:joy::joy: Sneezles61

1 Like

Nailed it.

1 Like

Wait a minute… you gave me the address to my back yard… dohhh…:confounded: Sneezles61

Well I hoped to be brewing the Irish red and a chinook IPA this weekend. Ordered the kits with the I need it now $$ shipping option on NB, supposed to arrive by Friday ( yesterday) but… The ups tracking says Monday. So no brewing this weekend, and of course I will be traveling for work most of next week.

Let the mocktober fest brew day begin!.. Right after I have a cup of coffee… And today my emphasis is directed at pH monitoring… Sneezles61

2 Likes

I’ll check back for updates

pH of water at 5.6… Just mashed in… Sneezles61
PS, mashed wort ended up 5.1 … To the boil, in went 1 oz magnum… 23 lbs grist… SG 1.058… Not quite as high as I thought I would end up… I didn’t rinse the grist well…

The Burton yeast is bubbling away… the Australian yeast is just sitting there… All in good, the Australian yeast was started yesterday, so the yeast wasn’t as much as Burton… Sneezles61
PS. They are full bore at 63*… on the 25th…Sneezles61

1 Like

Just got back from vacation so just ordered 2 kits for brewing this weekend before I leave again the following weekend. Will see if I can get both in this weekend or not. Decided to try the new Elysian - The Wise kit and ordered my typical summer standby draft favorite Lakefront Fixed Gear. Should be a good weekend provided the kits actually get here by Friday like they should. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Had enough time after work to brew so brewing “throwback cream ale” this pm. I’ve had this on the drawing board for awhile and need an easy drinker to keg as we’ve been killing them recently.

1 Like

I liked the wise…I brewed the 5g kit as 4g with local whole hops.

So this is part of a known brew? Curious then, the grain bill and sequence … Sneezles61

That’s the one, thanks for linking. I’ve been eyeing it since it popped up a few months back. Decided to bite the bullet and give it a go. :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

Also…brewed bdsa Sunday…pitched 1214 at 66 and let her go…hit 86 this morning :grinning: Excited to see how she turns out.