What's brewin this week

@sneezles61 +1 Interested as well.

If i figured right I got about 90% efficiency first running gravity 1.071.

2 Likes

Put both batches on gas yesterday! Samples tasted good and ended up at 4.6% by hydrometer readings. :grinning:

1 Like

Brewing Hefe X todayā€¦hard to believe Iā€™ve brewed 10 batches of this. Wife/ wifeā€™s friends favorite and so simple. 4th generation 3068 with vitality starter.
2 kegs blew this week :cry: so Iā€™m going to be cranking it out now! Cherry saison v2, NEIPA v5, pumpkin ale v3 in the on deck circle.

2 Likes

I love the simplicity of a Hefe. And they are pretty quick drinkers.

2 Likes

Did friday at home a witbier. Think got the grain mill setting correct now. Yesterday a brew session at the brewery a trippel ipa.

2 Likes

Probably brewing a pilsner on Wednesday. Will keg and DH my centennial IPA the same day.

1 Like

Iā€™m finally going to bottle my porter this morning. In between bread dough rising will get set up for the bottling.

Then some real fun. May have a blister rust infection in a white pine. Have to climb up into the tree to look at the browning branch. Might have to do some high altitude pruning to save the tree.

Brewing two different Belgian Wits today
1st one
50% Floor malted pilsner 50% Wheat
Hops
Bravo 60 min
Bravo 30 min
Saaz & Hersbrucker at 0 min
0.31 oz Coriander, 0.06 oz Bitter Orange Peel, 0.25 oz Sweet Orange Peel added at end of boil

Floor malted pilsner
Red Wheat Malt,
Raw White Wheat,
Flaked Oats,
Carapils
Hops
Nugget 60 minutes
Saaz 30 minutes
Crystal & Mandarina Bavaria 0 mintues
0.31 oz Coriander, 0.06 oz Bitter Orange Peel, 0.25 oz Sweet Orange Peel added at end of boil
Yeast WLP410 Belgian Wit II Ale

1 Like

I was away for the weekend but bottled my wit before I left. Itā€™s pretty good I was enjoying it flat and warm like wine. Next up a friend of mine has his saison in the great American beer festival in Denver this October. Itā€™s enterer in the pro am division. Going to brew it up myself

1 Like

Bring some latex paint up with you so when you cut that branch, you can paint a band aid on itā€¦ If its what you think it isā€¦ I think its a spore caused problemā€¦ I like the white pine so muchā€¦ Sneezles61

Tomorrow going to do a Scotch Ale and a double batch of ESBS. Got the starter for the SA going now. Any thoughts on Danstar Nottingham for an ESB? I think we used WLP007 before and it was good in our very humble opinions. :wink:

1 Like

Picked up my 3711 today. Going to brew that saison tomorrow in the garage door. To darn hot to brew outside but nice basement temp for fermenting a saison

yea i didnā€™t brew yesterdayā€¦hot as b@!!$ here and getting hotter

When itā€™s real hot or real cold I do a 3gallon batch. Mash with coffee pots in the basement. Soon as the weather breaks Iā€™ll go outside and do ten.

Iā€™m aiming for Sunday morning early before it heats up. Supposed to start cooling down a bit Saturday evening.

1 Like

I got that 3 gallon batch cooling in an ice bath inside now. Nice mellow brew day. Didnā€™t even get out the hoses and chiller. 3 gallon is a nice size for a beer I bottle like the saison

I will brew our mocktoberfest (thanks BC) Sunday morning alsoā€¦ Our LHBS didnā€™t have much to choose from as far as ale yeastā€¦ Iā€™m going WWAAYY out on a limb, 5 of Burton, ā€¦ and 5 of Australian ale!! Thatā€™ll knock the nickers of the Germans!! Yeah its been hot here tooā€¦ 80ā€™s todayā€¦ was a buggar to work outside in today! The only place in Mn. where there wasnā€™t a tree for miles!! :dizzy_face: Sneezles61

Itā€™s funny you mentioned it but today I was thinking of your mocktoberfest when drinking my ESB and wondered about using a London ale yeast. Your right that would put a twist in someoneā€™s lederhosen.

I canā€™t hardly believe it, but between hunting season and me injuring my knee, it had been over a year since I brewed. Last Saturday, I brewed two batches to try to get caught up a bit. I didnā€™t make anything too exciting (an Irish Red and an Oatmeal Stout). I plan to give quite a bit of it away to coworkers who transported me to and from work for the 6 weeks I couldnā€™t drive and to the neighbor who continues to mow my front lawn as I recover from the surgery. None of them venture much past Guiness, Amberbock, etc. so I tried to choose some pretty tame recipes.