What's brewin this week

I have a pear tree I’ll try that next

Just turned down the a/c after 3 days at 58°. We will see where that lands the temp. One bucket and the conical are doing secret fermentations. Re-seating the bucket lid got it bubbling. The conical never seems to seal but never had a problem either.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s pretty cool!

1 Like

Sadly not brewing this weekend, today would have been a perfect day for it too! Today I’m making homemade pizza for dinner and will be enjoying a few pints. I have to transfer Plinian Legacy and Off the Topper out of my carboys and into kegs so I can free up a fermentor for next weekend. Buddy is getting married in August and I offered to brew a beer for his wedding so he requested Off the Topper. He and the fiance and a couple other buddies are all coming down Saturday for a brewday to introduce his fiance to the concept of brewing and see where her wedding beer is coming from. :innocent: Several homebrews will be consumed to be sure.

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Midnight Wheaten Beatdown Porter is in the fermentor. The grains will end up on the compost pile a little later if it stops raining.

Longer brew day than expected. A simple supper tonight of poached eggs on toast. No more asparagus to go with it. Darn.

1 Like

hmmm…now that sounds like an interesting idea…

1 Like

Ken is active on the Brews Brothers site under another username. It’s an excellent forum: http://www.brews-bros.com/

1 Like

Heating strike water for 10 gals of IPA and pitchng split 1272 yeast slurry from my last 5 gal IPA brew day. I think this is going to be an all centennial IPA but we’ll see if the mood strikes to do something different along the way. Once I get this mashed in I’ll keg the previous brew and split the cake. Leaving Saturday for a week in Ecuador, so the one I keg today should be about drinkable when I get back.

It’s a new week and you’ve all inspired me. This weekend finally brewing that wit I’ve been planning. I love brewing witbeir the smells of the wort zest and spices is just exquisite

Holy Moly brew cat, them there are some top shelf wording for brews! Can you post some smells? Maybe? It truly must be wit season, a few of the brewers around here are all cranked up with wit! Even the local brewery has one on tap that looks like a cloudy lemon aid!! Its a good wit, but I’m just not in that camp… and maybe I should say… yet! Sneezles61

Altbier today…last one got lactoified…barleywine on the 4th.

1 Like

Better get Wit it

2 Likes

Did yesterday a saison at the brewery. This afternoon at home. A. Storm the bastille ale

Knocked out the barleywine tonight…won’t have time tomorrow…shook the bejeez into my starter wort…dropped some wlp007 in…will pitch in the morning.

1 Like

Brewed 5 gal batch of Conundrum session IPA. First time trying this kit.

1 Like

Working through a schedule to get three beers done this coming weekend. An ESB, a DIPA, and my Oktoberfest (which I’m behind on). Using wyeast 1272 for the DIPA so I can have enough yeast for a 5gal Gose.

3 Likes

Been to busy to brew last few weeks. But I got this weekend free. Planing on a hellesbock with a new recipe and little different mashing method. Doing a over night mash. Then tomorrow morning will pull my first running heat it to 154 and add munich and aromatic malt to the mash and my first running

1 Like

I’ll be taking a second crack at my NEIPA. First batch was all Citra and Galaxy, now were going all Citra and Denali.

1 Like

The overnight mash for my hellesbock went really well. Target mash temp was 152 hit right on the dot. Saturday morning got up and only dropped to down to 149. 3 degrees isn’t bad for 12 hours. Figured would of dropped more than that. Even triple check temps cause I was kinda planing it to drop little more than that.

2 Likes

Did you take a sugar reading? I’m curious if you felt you got more conversion… Sneezles61