What’s Brewin’?

Nitro is all about improving the mouthfeel right? So I don’t see why you couldn’t use it in styles other than a stout. If I had one I’d be tempted to try it on anything just to see if I like it.

2 Likes

I wonder if a cask conditioned and nitro are trying to be on the same plane… Of course the cask came first… But then someone was tired of that not being a consistent choice… Enter … Nitro tapper!!! Perhaps? Sneezles61

Solid point and it may even work very well with a new england style. I’ve had some west coast style ipa’s on nitro and it took away that bitterness which is defeating purpose of the style. Still good, though.

Interesting. I never would have expected nitro to have an effect on bitterness…

I’ve had nitro IPA in breweries before.

1 Like

It was good

I’ve had a nitro ipa as well and really enjoyed it

Looks like a awesome deal nice

Do think thats the nice thing about home brewing. Experimenting. Me sat brewing a belguim trippel.

1 Like

Care to share your recipe?

It was at a brewery.

I was given 10oz of fresh Cascade hops. One of my favorite beers this spring was a SMASH with Golden Promise so I riffed off of that but not as a single malt.
7 lbs Golden Promise
1.5 lbs Golden Naked Oats
1 lb Bavarian Wheat DME
.25 Acid Malt
Oslo strain from Bootleg Biology as I’m curious what it will do with more of an ale recipe.
While the hops were pretty dry I made a guess at them being the equivalent 2-3oz and did a single 45 minute addition.

3 Likes

I love those cascade cones… Sneezles61

Here’s the recipe I came up with for tomorrow’s brew. Open to any suggestions or comments as I’m kind of playing around with hop combo and bigger grain bill.

9# golden promise
5# 2row
4# flaked oats
8oz white wheat

1oz citra fwh

2oz citra - wp, dh1, dh2
2oz galaxy - wp, dh1, dh2
2oz zappa - wp, dh1, dh2

3rd gen london fog ale yeast

Looks delicious… and strong.

Brussels sprouts stew! What was your method to keep them out of the fermenter?

My pot has a false bottom and a spigot and they do an excellent job on their own but I run the tube to a strainer as well. You can see in this picture how clean the strainer is.

Gotcha, great idea!

Brewed my NEIPA yesterday and pitched yeast around 2:30pm. Checked on it before Steelers game and it was already chugging away. Gotta say that is the quickest start I’ve ever had on a brew.

Making a gallon starter tonight for this weekends dopplebock. I bought a sack of german Munich I.

15# munich
1/4 # carafa special II
1/4# victory

.6 oz German Magnum @60
1 oz Tettnang @20

Wyeast 2308 munich

A little more hops than recommended but should do well with the aging. Has anyone made 100 percent munich beers? This is the closest I will have been.

1 Like