What did you cook today?

I’m told the secret to good marinara sauce is pasta water and butter. It’s made mine better. Great sauce is a moving target.

I made arroz con pollo today. Sauteed onions in olive oil, crushed fresh roma tomatoes, sauzon, paprika, garlic, black pepper, some red pepper flakes, lots of salt, when the tomatoes are beginning to cook down I add the chicken and let it cook til the chicken is done. Added baby spinach today. Didn’t have any cilantro but usually add that. Served with white rice. Not bad for a guerro according to my wife.

3 Likes

Simmering the leftover bones from our easter ham to make a stock for navy bean and ham soup. The house smells glorious and everyone is hungry, too bad it won’t be done till tomorrow. Got some mac’n’cheese and Vienna lager to hold us over until then

3 Likes

The starches from the pasta or potato water allow oil and water to mix where normally they don’t. This is also they key to making really creamy mac and cheese without adding milk. Risotto also relies on this trick I’m told.

2 Likes

Wife’s bday dinner:

Reverse Seared Delmonico from butcher paired with asparagus. . .RIP @flars, I am so glad I was able to share this concept with you. You are truly missed my friend.

Ultimate twice baked potatoes

Mocha Icebox cake for dessert.

just before top layer put on for reference

:beers:
Rad

7 Likes

Homemade Pizza day!

:beers:
Rad

7 Likes

That looks delicious! We had pizza from a local restaurant last night and leftover Elk Stroganoff tonight.

That looks really good!

mmmmmmm pizza and brews… mmmmm
Sneezles61

Do miss his imput. On many. Brew ideas. And. Food he did help me out lots.

Jummy. Never to early. Pizza and beer

That pizza looks great. We are having a take and bake pizza from the grocery tonight. They aren’t bad and my wife doctors it up so they are actually very good.

Her birthday today and I did manage to find flowers for her. Normally we would go out somewhere but everything is closed of course.

7 Likes

Tell her, “Happy Birthday, Mrs. hd4mark!” from all of us.

3 Likes

Yes, happy birthday!!! :beers::mask:
Sneezles61

Coronavirus is changing us all.

Grocery store bake-at-home pizza for a birthday celebration?! In 2019 that would earn a lifetime “cheap bastard” label. Today it’s like, “damn, fool, you went to the grocery store!?, you’re a goddamn hero!”

In all seriousness, I am NOT being snide. What REALLY matters is being together, and being healthy. Maybe when all this is over as a people we’ll remember to appreciate WHO we have, and not WHAT we have.

And just to prove we’re I’m not being snide, in February, my wife was hospitalized for a day or so after a seizure. We’ve been back-and-forth to neurologists since. The last appointment was scary not because of anxiety but because the doctor was in a “bad neighborhood” corona-wise. He cleared her, and Saturday she finally got the letter from the state saying that her driver’s license was being reinstated — the official end to the saga. We needed to celebrate — We grilled burgers — And we were happy just being together.

8 Likes

We grilled burgers tonight also!!
I hope your wife doesn’t any more episodes…
I’m with you on who we are with matters… This would really be a drag without my wife… I keep telling her… This is pre-retirement practice… She might not want me to retire in a couple of months now…
Sneezles61

@jmck it’s good to hear some good news! Happy for you guys.

This Corona bull$hit has been kind of a wake up call to remind me what’s really important. I’m getting to spend time with my son that I couldn’t before because i was chasing $. We went disc golfing today and I had a riot. BTW, he kicked my butt. It’s made us go back to simpler things here at Poverty Acres. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Damn Rad, that’s looks like a great pizza. Makes me want to try my hand again soon.

Smoked a 16lb brisket Sunday so we’ll be eating on that for a few days. Used my new smoker and it was effortless and flawless.

5 Likes

The take and bake pizza was great actually. We had a few, OK a bunch of beers, hung out at the pool (6’ apart) with neighbors for a while then had our big celebration while watching Ozark and Eagles Hell Freezes Over for the hundredth time. A great day.

Nancy says thanks for the birthday wishes.

5 Likes

Oh man! That looks awesome!