What did you cook today?

Simper times? Could you imagine if this quarantine happened before smartphones and Netflix. Be alot more people in the street. It’s all a government plot

You getting after the wine at coffee break? :joy_cat:
Sneezles61

Well it’s just juice kinda

2 Likes

Brisket looks great. How long did it take? I have a 17 lb in the freezer I would like to smoke; I have never done a Brisket. Thanks in advance.

I’d definitely account for at least 1 hour per lb as mine took 16 hours and weighed 16.13 lbs before trimming. I smoked at 225 degrees. Next time I will do overnight but I wanted to monitor the smoke being my first time using new piece.

How much did you loose trimming? I’ve lost about 1/3 of its weight… Then I rip it in half so that brings down the cook time… I like the bark type brisket… My wife likes one wrapped in foil about half way through… Think of prime rib… But better… Many ways to to cook… Best understand time and slllooowwllyy bring up to 205… Now I’m drooling…
Sneezles61

Sons birthday today so we made him dinner. He loves Indian food so my wife made curried lamb and I made Naan. She’s the queen of using curry but this was my first attempt at Naan so it ended up a little thick. All in all dinner was delicious!!

1 Like

I never weighed after trimming but I’d guess close to 1/4 of it lost. I’ve been using Butcher’s paper to wrap and did so once the meat hit 160 internal temp. My only gripe was the fuel economy using pellets, that thing chomped thru nearly 24 lbs during the smoke. I have a bone-in rib roast to try this weekend.

That seems to be alot of pellets… I use my Weber charcoal grill… I’d say about a 1/4 bag to smoke a big brisket…
Sneezles61

I thought so, too! I used lump charcoal on my Akorn smoker and a bag of that would last for a handful of smokes/grills and was fairly cheap. From what I see, most pellets are priced close no matter the brand but my warranty is void is I use anything other than the manufacturer brand. How in the heck would they know what pellets I used? :confused:

The grill would spill its guts… If pressured!
Sneezles61

3 Likes

Save some receipts for their brand pellets just in case. I can’t see any reason any decent pellets would hurt.

That said. I am the same way with our Yamaha outboard. Just put in Yamalube fuel stabilizer to store it for the summer. I’m sure Stabil would be fine for half the cost but I’m not taking a chance on the Yamaha warranty. I understand they chemically analyze fluids with major warranty claims.

1 Like

I made naan a few weeks ago. Came out good but more like pita bread. I think I need to use more milk next time. My dough was kind of dry and not really very sticky.

Yeah, I was thinking these would make great pitas too.

I’ve had my doubts about stabil recently. Having trouble getting my tiller going this spring and I know the gas left in the tank had stabil in it. About the only implements I use straight gas in are the Honda generator and that stinkin tiller, so I put the stabil in the 5 gal tank before I fill it every time.

Trying to get making a sandwich bread down for my boys. This is my second attempt. Very successful. Now I have to scale it up to 3 loaves per run.

2 Likes

ratatouille I made not too long ago!

1 Like

Also some chili and sauerkraut I started this past weekend!

1 Like

I really like chilli… No sauerkraut… Thank you! Do I need to bring crackers for dredging?
Sneezles61

Straying off topic but… I started a few years ago only using non-ethanol gas in our boats and all small engines. Since then I skip any stabilizer in the small engines and they all start right up after being stored for the winter. The stabilizer in the Yamaha is just to protect me from any warranty problems.

I agonized before buying our push mower since it had a Honda engine. I think they may be made here but would rather have an American brand. That thing starts on the first pull every time except the first time in the spring when it needs two. Same thoughts when buying the Yamaha but they seem to have the best ratings for salt water and the boat we wanted only was available with Yammies. You almost can’t hear it running at idle.

1 Like