What are you drinking now

Thanks man!

And it’s still in the mug!! :beers:
Sneezles61

2 Likes

I should have tried one thing at a time. Now I’m not sure what made it post correctly. Are you uploading from your phone or a computer? I think there are some free apps out there to adjust photos. I have an old version of Photoshop. Way more than I need for this stuff.

I have tried a variety of methods, but the most reliable method I have found is to login to the forum on my phone and click upload button at the bottom right, then click take photo or video. That way it’s always oriented properly in the post.

I never know which way the phone will take portrait or landscape so if I upload a picture I took earlier from my phone, it usually goes sideways then I have to screengrab it on my computer (Greenshot rocks btw), rotate it in paint and copy it back, which is kind of a pain. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Simply using that take photo option eliminates all the extra modification.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Lakefront Fixed Gear Clone (Julie’s Beer)

Rad

4 Likes

Go ahead… Send me a bomber!! :beers:
Sneezles61

Yes I have the same problem with the forums “resize” photo button. It always turns my photos sideways. If I crop the same photo down so it fits into the maximum size allowed it doesn’t turn it sideways.

1 Like

Don’t know what to call it, but it’s nice and frothy🍺

4 Likes

How about… BEER!! :hugs:
Sneezles61

1 Like

Ry’d Pils… Listening to the devil makes three… help yourself
Sneezles61

1 Like

Not sure if this link is going to work or not. 16.66%(chuckle) ABV Russian Imperial Stout. I may have to go by and get a bomber to try at home. Their beers are very well made. I had one of their 12ish% stouts when I was in their tasting group prior to open and it was fantastic. I’m sure this one is as well.

2 Likes

I don’t have FB so I can’t see the photo but I’m guessing it’s this one from cruising through Untappd:

or this

Everything I have tried from Adroit has been top notch. I order them when I see them on Tavour. Their can art is also fantastic.

Rad

2 Likes

Yes it’s the first one. Not sure if they’ll have it for mail order or not since the site says limited release. Yes their branding is spot on.

Got in about 200 miles of wind therapy today and stopped by a little place near the house called More Better Restaurant and Biergarten. Had the excellent eggenberg Pilsner last time I was there. Today I got a Hofbrau Original, their Munich Helles. So so good. I like the freak German beers on tap and the food is decent but the owner is really annoying. Food and beverage is a good times business. Don’t be a jerk unless you’re good and/or funny at it. Just being a gruff a hole is not good for biz.

4 Likes

Ordinary Bitter on one Tap, Oktoberfest on the other. Irish Red clearing and carbing in the chest freezer, and just pitched the yeast for a Chocolate Coffee Porter for the winter, or almost to the winter. Contemplating what is next.

2 Likes

Dang man- where you been? Glad you’re checking in!

Well we have been doing a ton of work on the house in prep to someday maybe next spring, make a move. So the punch list worked its way down to my brewing area in the cellar… part of the house is vintage 1895 rubble stone foundation packed with the old lime based mortar. I worked on that myself for a while, pulling out the old and repacking with new… until I decided life is too short and I am not a skilled mason. So we had that done, which entailed moving stuff out of the basement to protect from the cement dust etc. Then of course the walls looked great and the floor looked like crap (just old cement slab with cracks etc.). So… I had some people come and grind and repair cracks and then spread down some rubberized coating over it. One side at a time, with me moving stuff again from one side to the other and then half of it back again.

So my brewing was on hold through all this, plus I started farting around with the idea of trying triathlon so I have been spending a lot of time learning to swim (correctly and efficiently). It seems to be a rabbit hole much like the brewing one I have gone down. It’s all fun though. Good to get back to brewing though.

The next house will have to have a nice area for brew equipment, either a true walk out basement or a separate “out building” that I can set things up properly instead of going up and down these steep and very non-uniform bulkhead steps.

So that’s the short story made long I guess.

One interesting toy I picked up was the Tapcooler Counter pressure bottle filler which I really like when bottling up some brews for friends and family. Once I got the hang of the flow rate adjustment and bought the attachment to tap directly on the keg instead of holding it up against my beer taps, it really is a pretty neat device.
I also quit my job recently (what good is being an outside sales engineer if you cant go “out”). So until I either find something else for work, or just decide to stay early-retired… I will be hopefully brewing a lot more. I have to try some new styles for sure.

4 Likes

You have been busy! It’s good to see back here too!
Now is a good time to brew up some bocks… Seeing it’ll be cold… Toss some kegs in the garage… ? My first one is fermenting… Then I have to see about Miabock again… And a few other lagers… Do as brew cat, put them in a snow bank too?
Sneezles61

1 Like

Great idea, I don’t think I have ever tried a bock. Just picked up a Blichmann Hellfire burner at the local brew store today. I am definitely going electric at some point but that won’t be until the next house.

2 Likes

Having a Belgian blonde, whilst doing some work on my vintage mopeds in the garage. Oppigårds is one of my favourite swedish brewerys. The also make very nice ipa’s and apa’s🍺

1 Like