Yeast nutient vs energizer

Is there much of a difference between the two. I am sparging at this timid an noticed I am out of nutrient. Can I add yeast energizer and get the same effect.

I think energizer is better than nutrient, it has the ammonium phophate but also vitamins and minerals.

I’ve used them interchangeably, with good results, and right or wrong I think some of the shops treat them the same as well. I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Great! I’m about minutes from my first 10 gallon batch/boil. Had to make a couple modifications. One being I will have use the immersion chiller outside. I found out the kettle is a lot heavier than my 7.5 gallon boil pot. I would carry that to my basement with ease to chill after the boil. With the kettle being bigger and heavier, the center of gravity is further forward. I couldn’t believe how much more difficult it was to carry a 5 gallon batch to the basement. I have a couple burn marks on the legs. Figured it was better to have some burn marks on the legs than setting it down and getting burn marks on the wife’s new carpet:)

Not so easy to lug around such a big batch… try moving it when there’s a big heavy sanitized copper chiller in there as well! Not fun at all! Yet another reason why I do 2.5 or 3 gallon batches about 99% of the time. :wink:

You are correct about that.

If you are doing an all malt beer you won’t notice any difference at all cause the malt provides everything yeast needs (except maybe zinc).

That’d get you a one way ticket to buying beer for the rest of your life I’m afraid.

For wine or mead it would make a difference; for beer the two are equally fine.

If I was you, I’d rig up something to allow you to chill future batches without lugging a large kettle of near-boiling liquid through the house and down the stair. Serious injury takes all the fun out of a hobby.

[quote=“rebuiltcellars”]For wine or mead it would make a difference; for beer the two are equally fine.

If I was you, I’d rig up something to allow you to chill future batches without lugging a large kettle of near-boiling liquid through the house and down the stair. Serious injury takes all the fun out of a hobby.[/quote]

+1. Especially during the winter time, when it is already cold outside, let nature lend a helping hand in chilling your delicious wort.