Yeast cake?

If I racked a batch out of primary and left the yeast for a brew tommorrow. Would it be okay in the fermentor or should I do something else ?

Were you planning on just pitching your new beer onto the cake in the same primary? If this were the cae, I would probably wait and rack the beer tomorrow - right before pitching the new beer - for sanitation’s sake.

Otherwise, I think keeping the fermenter in a cooler over night would probably make sense - but I am not an expert on harvesting yeast. I usually just pitch straigt into the same primary.

I don’t see why not. It’s in a sealed sanitary environment. I might leave a quart or so of beer in there just enough to cover the yeast cake and then seal it back up.

Depending on the beer you’re going to rack onto it you probably only need 1/3 - 1/2 the yeast cake.

I don’t see why not. It’s in a sealed sanitary environment. I might leave a quart or so of beer in there just enough to cover the yeast cake and then seal it back up.
[/quote]

This is probably correct. I think I tend to be a little paranoid about contamination, so I like to rack and pitch at the same time - but you’re probably fine either way.

Definately. More than that would be a major overpitch in most cases.