Wyeast 3787 issue

Tripels are often fairly hoppy beers, with IBUs in the low-mid 30s. That’s a similar bitterness to SNPA.

[quote=“cyberdiver”]Well I have been trying to keep the temp around 74 +/- 2 deg. for the last week or so.[/quote]How often are you rousing the yeast?

What do you mean by rousing? When the temp starts to dip below 72 I turn on a heating pad I have between the carboy and the winter jacket tucked around it until it gets back up between 74-76.

[quote=“cyberdiver”]What do you mean by rousing?[/quote]You need to get the yeast back into suspension if you want it to keep working - easiest way is to rock the fermenter up onto one side and then gently swirl it to get the beer moving in circles and lift the yeast off the bottom. But if you don’t want to pull the dried krausen off the sides, or if the yeast has formed a pretty solid cake, you can use a sterilized long spoon to scrape the yeast up and then stir it in. The CO2 in the headspace will help prevent oxidation, but just keep it low-key and no worries.

+1 to Westmalle and Belgium in general.
Your yeast really sacked up for this brew.
I thought you’d be pushing it just to get lower than 1.015.
Now you do like the monks, you say a few words to your yeast, to give you good flavor,
your bines to give you smooth bittering, your grains to give you full stomach. :cheers:

Did some light swilring tonight to get some yeast suspended.

Well looks like the FG settled out at 1.012. I will bottle tomorrow and with luck I should have enough carb to taste test on SB sunday.

Well I tasted it on friday and fell in love. this is so far my favorite homebrew. It had pretty good head for only beening bottled for a week.

Make sure you stash some away, this stuff only gets better with age. :cheers: