Wyeast 2nd Quarter PC 2012

Whats everyones plans for Wyeasts 2nd quarter PC collection 2012?
Wyeast 3725-PC Bier de Garde
Wyeast 2575-PC Kolsch II Yeast
Wyeast 2352-PC Munich Lager II

Ill be adding Wyeast 2352-PC Munich Lager II to the EZ Brew 1.4 release just to keep it up to date with all available products.
Other then that I have no plans for them at the moment.

Still playing with the WY1581 Begian Stout & WY1000 Headwaters Ale

Haven’t seen the description for the Munich II, but I’m considering a Dunkel and Oktoberfest. Greg, what do you think of the Northwoods yeast?

J

Beer Styles: Lager, Oktoberfest/Marzen, Munich Dunkel, Schwarzbier, Traditional Bock, Maibock/Hellesbock, Dopplebock, Eisbock
Profile: From a famous brewery in Munich, this strain is a low diacetyl and low sulfur aroma producer. An excellent choice for malt driven lagers.

Alc. Tolerance 10% ABV
Flocculation Medium
Attenuation 72-74%
Temp. Range 52-62°F (11-16°C)

I wonder how this compares with the HellaBock. I just did a Helles and plan on doing an Octoberfest with the HellaBock.

I somehow fail to get excited by WY VSS strains these last few releases.

Anyone have link to the description of these? Can’t see to find one.

I don’t have a link but heres the descriptions.

Wyeast 3725-PC Bier de Garde
Beer Styles: Saison, Biere de Garde, Belgian Blonde Ale, Belgian Pale Ale, Belgian Golden Strong Ale
Profile: Low to moderate ester production with subtle spiciness. Malty and full on the palate with initial sweetness. Finishes dry and slightly tart. Ferments well with no sluggishness.
Alc. Tolerance 12%
Flocculation low
Attenuation 74-79%
Temperature Range 70-84°F (21-29°C)

Wyeast 2575-PC Kolsch II Yeast
Beer Styles: Kölsch, Northern German Altbier, Düsseldorf Altbier
Profile: This authentic Kolsch strain from one of Germany’s leading brewing schools has a rich flavor profile which accentuates a soft malt finish. It has Low or no detectable diacetyl production and will also ferment well at colder temperatures for fast lager type beers.

Alc. Tolerance 10% ABV
Flocculation low
Attenuation 73-77%
Temp. Range 55-70°F (13-21°C)

Beer Styles: Lager, Oktoberfest/Marzen, Munich Dunkel, Schwarzbier, Traditional Bock, Maibock/Hellesbock, Dopplebock, Eisbock
Profile: From a famous brewery in Munich, this strain is a low diacetyl and low sulfur aroma producer. An excellent choice for malt driven lagers.

Alc. Tolerance 10% ABV
Flocculation Medium
Attenuation 72-74%
Temp. Range 52-62°F (11-16°C)

I love Hellabock. That’s the Ayinger yeast. What brewery do you think the Munich II yeast is from?

A friend of mine made NB’s Prima Pils clone with the Koelsch II and the original Koelsch yeast. He thought the Koelsch II was better.

Get 10 lbs of Koelsch malt, 1 lb of Vienna malt, 2 oz Tettnanger (1 oz @ 60 min, 1 oz @ 0 min) and a good, 2 L starter for that Koelsch II, 3 weeks of fermentation and another 2 -4 of lagering, and you’ll have yourself a swell summer beer right there.

Whoa. White Labs 833 Bock Lager is the Ayinger yeast as well? I might have to remember that when Hellabock goes out of style.

[/quote]Wyeast 2352-PC Munich Lager II

Alc. Tolerance 10% ABV
Flocculation Medium
Attenuation 72-74%
Temp. Range 52-62°F (11-16°C)[/quote]

52-62? Use in a steam?

So if there are 2 Munich yeasts, then I would figure that they would be from one of the 6 BIG Brewers out of Munich: Spaten, Paulaner, Hacker-Pschorr, Hofbrau, Lowenbrau or Augustiner. It kind of would be cool if one of those was Augustiner.