4.8% Roast Barley
3.6% Special B
3.1% Choc. Malt
1.2% Kiln Coffee
1.5 Target 60
1.5 EKG 30
1.0 Fuggle 10
OG 1086

Will let this one sit until next winter although I will sample along the way.

Sewell, eh? You a BLHB member?

Sewell, eh? You a BLHB member?[/quote]

No. Haven’t joined yet. Is it a good club? I know they meet at Iron Hill.

It’s a great club! Something like 170+ members. Very active with club functions and in the community with charities. We meet at Iron Hill in Maple Shade the first Tuesday of every month. Right now I’m fermenting an American Amber Ale for a Boys & Girls Club benefit in early March. A few members are going to pour some free homebrews for banquet guests. It’s nice to be involved with charity and it gets our name out there.

I’m also involved in an Iron Brewer competition that we just got brewed for this past weekend. And we just broke into teams for a breakfast cereal competition. My team got Cinnamon Toast Crunch. We have to come up with a recipe that includes no less than 2lbs of cereal.

And we’re starting to plan our Big Brew Day which is behind Iron Hill on May 5th. If you can’t get around to joining or getting to a meeting between now and then, come out for big brew day. It’s a great time! Lot’s of members will be there brewing. There will be lots and lots of beer to taste. There will be vendors, merchandise, etc.

I brewed the Mustache Envy extract kit, this yeast took it from 1.085 to 1.018 in about 48 hours. It’s really pretty clean, but has a little bit of a spruce/pine ester that’s really nice.

I printed out that recipe for future consideration. How long ago did you brew? Please post updates as it ages.
Thanks

Dobe12, Thanks for the info on the club. I must try to get out there soon. We love Iron Hill anyway.

Any tastying notes yet?

I just froze some on Sunday and brewed a Dark Mild with the remainder of the starter.

Attenuation was great, and its only slightly fruity. Other than that its pretty clean. Going to be using this in an IS soon.

I hade similar attenuation with mine and it is curretly enjoying a cold crash. My question is did you notice any acetaldehyde? I am wondering if this yeast puts of more, or if it was a mistake on my end by perhaps under pitching/fast fermentation.

Nope, I did not. I tend to leave my beers on the yeast for a long time, though.