Wow, kind of a super deal from NB

They are offering a free essentials starter equipment kit (normally $79.99) if you purchase it with a 5 gal ss pot ($35) and an American wheat kit. ($25)

The essentials kit comes with a recipe kit as well. either carribo slobber, irish red, or the same American wheat

most of us I assume have all of this, BUT if you have a buddy or family member that has been talking about getting into the hobby as well, may be a good place to point them

BTW for me shipping was $15 (I put in cart just to check)

so for $75 you got:

1. essentials kit (buckets only BUT auto siphon at least)
  2. choice of kit
  3. a SECOND kit (American wheat)
  4. SS pot.

2 extract kits, equipment kit, and ss pot for $75 or so. seems like a great deal.

heck, if you think of it this way, an American wheat and slobber kit together would be about $55 before tax, $70 afterwards. if you were really wanting those kits you can get an extra pot (give it to mom) and an extra bucket for $5.

where do you enter the promo code?

I bought one of those last time it was offered, just to pass on the savings to a new brewer (which I did).

after you add everything to the cart I think on one of the next screens there is a box labeled ‘promo code’ or something like that. I think it is a bit further down the page, scroll down a bit

http://www.northernbrewer.com/fathers-d ... IT+-+PROMO

Hi all.

A friend on a Jeep forum posted this deal in a thread on homebrewing. I’ve done (didn’t say brewed) Mr. Beer for a number of years and the last couple of batches were lousy (one was non-Mr Beer from a LHBS).

I have a couple of other friends who are homebrewers and was waiting for a reason to “upgrade”. I just took advantage of this deal. Also picked up the gravity testing kit and an extra bottle of Star-San. Total was just under $100 including shipping. I can see this developing into a hobby just as expensive as my Jeep! :cheers:

I’m looking forward to brewing my first batch with the new equipment.

[quote=“Mabus”]Hi all.

A friend on a Jeep forum posted this deal in a thread on homebrewing. I’ve done (didn’t say brewed) Mr. Beer for a number of years and the last couple of batches were lousy (one was non-Mr Beer from a LHBS).

I have a couple of other friends who are homebrewers and was waiting for a reason to “upgrade”. I just took advantage of this deal. Also picked up the gravity testing kit and an extra bottle of Star-San. Total was just under $100 including shipping. I can see this developing into a hobby just as expensive as my Jeep! :cheers:

I’m looking forward to brewing my first batch with the new equipment.[/quote]

awesome, welcome to the hobby, oops I mean obsession.

This kit was a great deal and cost saving. this hobby is not. BUT what is nice is you can get as deep into this as you want, or stick to the basics and still brew amazing stuff.

I did that for my dad 6 months back, it was a great deal!