Would it be ok to add strawberries to my secondary?

You would definitely know better than I would. I do however wonder why this would be the case though. You’d think the pectin in the jam would act as gelatin and help clear anything that would normally cloud the beer up. That is if pectin does what gelatin does of course. The pectin is what ‘gels’ the jam.

As far as cooking the strawberries goes with freezer jam, I don’t know how cooked they actually become. You do boil the water and pectin and some sugar but then you just add it to the raw strawberries and sugar, so the fruit doesn’t cook much if at all.

You would definitely know better than I would. I do however wonder why this would be the case though. You’d think the pectin in the jam would act as gelatin and help clear anything that would normally cloud the beer up. That is if pectin does what gelatin does of course. The pectin is what ‘gels’ the jam.[/quote]
The same gelling and bonding properties that make pectin useful for thickening can cause cloudiness and haze from the individual pectin molecules bonding to each other.