Wine rack built from planter

I made this wine rack from a barrel planter, a 1x6 piece of board, and some wood glue and stain, all of which I picked up from Menards. I saw some similar ones on the Internet that people were selling for several hundred dollars. I built mine for about $70.

How are you keeping those bottles suspended? Suction, magnets, witchcraft? :shock:

[quote=“mrv”]How are you keeping those bottles suspended? Suction, magnets, witchcraft? :shock: [/quote]I’m assuming you mean the glasses?

No they are messing with you because the pictures are upside down. Looks really nice what did the planter cost you and how long did you spend on it?

No, those bottles are clearly levitating.
Nice work, though. You can really save money with a bit of ingenuity and some basic tools.

Or just call on Satan. :wink:

I posted the pics via my ipad. I didn’t realize they were upside-down and sideways, because they are right-side up when I log in on my ipad. Not sure how to fix that.

Here you go. I looked at this post yesterday and had to go somewhere else as I thought looks nice, but upside down is to hard to view. Hopefully the guy fixes it and I’ll look later. Well now I can see this planter and it sux’s…
[attachment=2]barrel one.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]barrel two.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]barrel three.jpg[/attachment]

LMFAO

Just kidding nice job!

:mrgreen:

BTW, I hope you didn’t blindly throw that remaining barrel wood away.
If it was a wine or whisky barrel in its recent life. It would make some mighty fine smokin wood.

Where did you find the barrel? I have been looking for a cheap source for old barrels to chip up for smokin. I already have apple, maple, black cherry wood in the collection for the fire box. But it would be nice to have some recently used red wine or whisky barrel wood, just to mix it up sometimes.

[quote=“ITsPossible”]BTW, I hope you didn’t blindly throw that remaining barrel wood away.
If it was a wine or whisky barrel in its recent life. It would make some mighty fine smokin wood.

Where did you find the barrel? I have been looking for a cheap source for old barrels to chip up for smokin. I already have apple, maple, black cherry wood in the collection for the fire box. But it would be nice to have some recently used red wine or whisky barrel wood, just to mix it up sometimes.[/quote]

The OP stated in the 1st post he purchased it at Menards
http://www.menards.com/main/home.html
. A Midwest home improvement big box store like Home Depot/Lowes. :wink:

Old Raspy, were the barrels cut that way or did you cut it? Usually I find them split through the center the short way instead of the long way.

Too funny, He put Menards on his post clear as day. Thanks for the vision refocus there Night I thought it was a small purveyor or something.

I’ve missed enough easy ones like that myself. :oops: