Will this be OK? Ferm temp control question

I have a regular fridge that I use to store beer, and I’ve got a chest freezer for my kegs. I want to put a temp control on the fridge to use as a fermentation chamber, but I’ve got a couple of cases of bottled beer in there that won’t fit into the chest freezer.

So, if I leave the bottled beer in the fridge with the fermenting beer and let the temp get up to 64-68 degrees during fermentation, will the bottled beer be negatively affected? I’m thinking I’ll ferment for a week in the fridge, then dry-hop or condition in my basement. So I’ll be running the fridge at regular temps after a week or so of fermentation.

No it will not. I think that people look to into the beer storing temp thing. Just drink it it will be fine

Good to hear. I was thinking that since it’s not getting really hot, and it’s only for a week or so, it’d be fine. I think I read somewhere that temperature change causing a beer to “skunk” was untrue.

Good to hear. I was thinking that since it’s not getting really hot, and it’s only for a week or so, it’d be fine. I think I read somewhere that temperature change causing a beer to “skunk” was untrue.[/quote]
skunking comes from sunlight. Warming up the beer will speed up the maturation process. Hop flavor/aroma/bitterness will fade more quickly, for example.