Whose brewing?

day before halloween. a little chilly in the backyard in minnesota. brewing up a dusseldorf altbier, ran a 50 mile ultramarathon yesterday. thinking about brewing today was part of what got me through.

surly wet in a glass, reading ultramarathon magazine, out back with the dog, does it get much better than this?

who else is brewing?

12 Gallons of IPA yesterday.

6 gallons of Oatmeal Stout today.

Now my fermentation chamber maxed with 24 gallons of beer.

I guess that means I will have to start propagating yeast and making starters to keep me busy.

sort of works out that way, right? i find that if i dont have something beer related to mess with after work i get anxious.

my new thing is trying to keep my heating blanket to keep my golden strong ale in the 80s without a temp controller.

[quote=“broseph”]sort of works out that way, right? i find that if i dont have something beer related to mess with after work i get anxious.

my new thing is trying to keep my heating blanket to keep my golden strong ale in the 80s without a temp controller.[/quote]

I did that last year with my golden strong. I used the lowest setting on the heating blanket and a light timer. IIRC I set the timer to 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off and that kept me at about 76F.

Winter warmer planned for tonight.

Brewed a Negra Medelo clone (Vienna lager) on Friday and did a Beligian Blond yesterday as a base beer for my Russian River Temptation clone.

I did two batches of porter back-to-back. It was a long, cold day - especially since we’re down to 7 hours of daylight. Cleaning up when it’s dark and below freezing is no fun.

it was definitely chilly out yesterday in minnesota as well. but id take that over 90+ any day. puffy coat + a russian imperial stout tend to warm things up.

did an oatmeal stout and added some dark belgian candy syrup to it late in the boil. i’m going to secondary it on top of blueberries and hope for the best.