Which clarifier to use for bottled extract IPA

I have not yet used a clarifier or fining in the few batches I have made, but believe using one (or more?) would give me a better brew so I would like to use one on my next batch which will be an extract IPA. I guess I don’t know what I am trying to clear. Since I bottle my beer I don’t want to clear yeast, so am I clearing protein and tannins? What about inhancing cold break? What would be the best agent to use, can one product clear more than one concern, and can more than one product be used in the same batch?

Irish Moss

I used whirfloc tablets during the last 10 minutes of the boil. My beers were cloudy before I starting using this and it really hit home how well it works when I forgot to add the tablets on two batches I brewed one night. Amazing difference. I added gelatin to those two cold carbed kegs and they have cleared up nicely.

Can Whirfloc and Irish Moss both be used in the same batch or would that be overkill?

They’re the same thing. Whirlfloc is powdered and compressed into a tablet.

They’re the same thing. Whirlfloc is powdered and compressed into a tablet.[/quote]

+1, they are the same thing

Start off just using Irish moss. If you’re still not happy, I’d suggest adding Wyeast yeast nutrient. It might sound strange, but making sure your yeast is healthy will make for clearer beer. Also, don’t underestimate the power of cooling and time in clarifying beer.

A good cold break will certainly help out haze more than anything. I use Irish Moss in the last 15 minutes of the boil.