Where to place temp probe in Kegerator?

Hello I have my keg in my freezer with my temperature controller. An I have my probe tape to the side of my keg with some washcloths for installation now I have my controller set to 40f with 2 degree differential but for some reason it cooling pass my set temp it’s going down too 35f I mess with the setting on the freezer itself but it didn’t help with the residual cooling that taking place. So what do I need to do for this issue ?

Takes a while to dial it down to the right temp with a fridge . The way i did did buy different digital temp controler did take to the original temp controler out and did install a digital . So now iam finetuned temp wise . Got more control

I’ve toyed with the idea of swapping out the original probe fer a waterproof one. That would take care of the temp swings as it would sit in a bottle of water. Sneezles61

1 Like

Are you fermenting in your keg or just serving. I just let it hang in there if your serving or lagering

1 Like

Did find out the digital temp control . Works perfect dial it in and no temp changes . But me use it for the beer keg hops and other beer products

This^^^. you don’t need to monitor wild temp swings. Likely the insulation on the prob is what’s causing your issues. The beer warms enough to kick it on but takes it awhile to realize it’s cool enough.