Where to go in maple grove, Minnesota

Flying into Minnesota today for a wedding Saturday. Staying in maple grove and have 1 free day, where should I go?

I was up there for a wedding last year on Memorial day weekend. I can’t tell you where to go, it’s a suburb more or less…suburbs freakin’ suck. Just drive into Minneapolis or St.Paul.

Any particular bars w/good selection? Which local beers should I try?

if you are looking for a place with a large local beer selection, try Pig And Fiddle. they are in SW Minneapolis. They have many local brews on tap with a rotating selection.

Find anything from Surly or Summit brewing.

Well, first off get out of Maple Grove and come to Minneapolis or Saint Paul.

If you want to drink boots of German beer go to Gasthof Zur Gemutlichkeit. It’s in Northeast Minneapolis. They also have terrific food.

If you want a great beer selection and atmosphere I like Buster’s which is near South Minneapolis off the light rail line. Also viable would be the Muddy Pig or The Happy Gnome but both are a bit further in Saint Paul. Each has good food and a large tap and bottle selection.

If you want award winning local beer try out Town Hall Brewery. Again, tasty food as well.

If you want to get downtown and like the Irish pub scene I like Keiran’s Irish Pub or O’Donovan’s. Each usually has some live music I think.

Or, just go to a bar somewhere and find a Surley or some Summit. They are they go-to local breweries.

Both Midwest Supplies retail store, and Northern Brewers Flagship store are within 15 miles of Maple Grove.

If you want to drive a bit south and not go into downtown, Old Chicago has 110 beers to choose from. Food is just ok.

+1 to Town Hall Brewery (or Town Hall Tap), Surly, and Summit

actually, there’s a really good bar, right in Maple Grove, call 3-Square.
great local beers, same owners as some great bars in the city.
and there’s an Old Chicago in nearby Plymouth.

you won’t have to go to the city unless you want to.

and also, walking distance from 3-Square, is a great Irish bar.

have fun!

I work up in Maple Grove, I second 3-squares they have a pretty good beer selection if you want to stay close. Can’t go wrong with town hall either…
You have to try Surly Furious, and last time I was at 3 squares they had hopslam on tap.

[quote=“newbrewermel”]actually, there’s a really good bar, right in Maple Grove, call 3-Square.
great local beers, same owners as some great bars in the city.
and there’s an Old Chicago in nearby Plymouth.

you won’t have to go to the city unless you want to.

and also, walking distance from 3-Square, is a great Irish bar.

have fun![/quote]
This is the answer he was looking for! Bravo! I didn’t know about that place when I was up there last year.

Great info. 3-square sounds like it will work for a quick break from the inlaws. I am hoping to go into Minneapolis for a bit and check out a few spots. Picked up a 4-pack of surly bender for the hotel tonight

if you are looking for a place with a large local beer selection.

http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/list?ci ... US&s_id=MN http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/list?c_ ... &brewery=Y http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/list?st ... &sort=name