Where to get kegs?

All of his kegs have MPRVs and he ships pressurized. Pull the ring on the valve, if air comes out then they’re fine. If nothing comes out, you have a problem.

Thanks. I’ve had them for about two days. When I checked, three had pressure and three didn’t. I’m going to email the seller, but no pressure out of the MPRV doesn’t necessarily mean they’re dead does it? I’m hoping he just ‘forgot’ to pressure them up before shipment. When I bought mine, it did show 990+ had been sold. :shrugs:

Thanks. I’ve had them for about two days. When I checked, three had pressure and three didn’t. I’m going to email the seller, but no pressure out of the MPRV doesn’t necessarily mean they’re dead does it? I’m hoping he just ‘forgot’ to pressure them up before shipment. When I bought mine, it did show 990+ had been sold. :shrugs:[/quote]
You should clean and put new orings on all of them before you use them. Im sure they just need new orings and they will be fine. I bought 4 off of ebay a couple of years ago three of them held pressure and 1 didnt ended up needing a new pressure relief.

Thanks. I’ve had them for about two days. When I checked, three had pressure and three didn’t. I’m going to email the seller, but no pressure out of the MPRV doesn’t necessarily mean they’re dead does it? I’m hoping he just ‘forgot’ to pressure them up before shipment. When I bought mine, it did show 990+ had been sold. :shrugs:[/quote]
You should clean and put new orings on all of them before you use them. Im sure they just need new orings and they will be fine. I about 4 off of ebay a couple of years ago three of them held pressure and 1 didnt ended up needing a new pressure relief.[/quote]

I’ll make sure to add the seal kits to my next order. I’m not going to be able to use them for a few months, so kinda why I panicked about three of them not being pressurized. I mainly jumped to get a small supply of kegs at a good price, before that seller ran out. I plan on cleaning them this weekend.

If I still have problems with those three, and if the seller doesn’t work with me, I won’t bitch. What I would have in three that are good is still better than what I would pay for new ones.

[quote=“Yesfan70”]
If I still have problems with those three, and the seller doesn’t work with me, I won’t bitch. What I would have in three that are good is still better than what I would pay for new ones.[/quote]

No chance you have three useless ones. Absolute worst case is you could mix and match parts and buy a few cheap gaskets and get 5 of 6 working

Good to know. Thanks for the help everyone.

For the record, I meant to say in my previous post “if the seller doesn’t work with me”. I don’t want to sound like I was making an accusation.

I would buy all new orings before you put beer in them though or you will end up with off flavors (Pepsi) here is this a old link that I put up some of the prices have went up over the years by a few cents but still super cheap this is where I get all of my orings viewtopic.php?f=3&t=84210

Save a little money and go the McMaster Carr route on o-rings. You can even get tubing there for much less than the HBS’s.

Note from that thread, I have pin lock, ball locks, and race track lids. I use the same o-rings on EVERY keg with out an issue.

That’s a great website for the orings. Super cheap, considering the most expensive ones were the ones I change the least. Fast turn around and cheap shipping. For about 20 bucks including shipping I got 10 full ‘oring replacement kits’ along with an 90 each of the post and dip tube orings. Unbeatable.

Thanks for the link with the specific o-rings you need. I was a little lost before I saw that. I’m definitely going to place an order. They’ve got a bunch of other good stuff there, too.

No Problem. Cheers!

Yeah, thanks alot! McMaster’s is half the price for 10 times the amount of the smaller O-rings. :shocked: I’ll put my order in later tonight.