Where did The Pub go?

I was looking for my recent “classified” and couldn’t find my post. It seems the Pub is no longer?

Its called “The Lounge.” I still have access. Here is your post.

I guess I don’t have access to “The Lounge” anymore. I don’t see it in the category list, nor can I view my post.

Oh well.

I got “Sorry, you don’t have access to that topic!” and I’m a moderator. What is The Lounge?

I think it’s description said something about non-brewing related discussions, so at the time, it seemed like the most appropriate category to place a classified. I also believe there was a minimum activity level one needed to meet to post in it, but I dunno…No big deal.

OK I have been around here for 16 years and didn’t know about it and can’t find it :confused: There was a category called brewhaha but it was removed due to abuse by members. Can someone provide me a link?

I remember brewhaha!

I can’t provide a link for “The Lounge” because I can’t access it anymore. @loopie_beer may have to help.

I just mysteriously earned “trust level 3”. Not bad considering I have been a mod for about 15 years and before the new forum the old one had my post count at over 5,000. Now I can access “the Lounge”.

Trust Level. That’s what it was. I think when I posted my classified, I only needed level 1.

I do remember the old forum, and the one before that. I never really participated though, just lurked and learned a ton!

I too lost my access to the lounge.

Trust Level 3 means you are a “Regular Visitor” to the forum. Level 2 just means you’re a “Member”

You apparently have to be a “Regular” to access The Lounge, it’s a concept like a “Frequent Flyer Club” in Discourse, the software that drives the forum.
Level 3 can be granted and removed by the software, I’m surprised it’s independent of admin status though.

Details of Discourse trust levels can be found here:

Given the daily traffic here, those default settings are kinda off-base. I generally don’t reply to topics unless I think I’m adding something, and I’m not fixated on giving and receiving likes as the younger crowd seems to be… actually I’m not sure this forum even needs a frequent flyer club. It might be good for something like issuing coupon codes to high contributors. But do we really need elitism?

1 Like

Have to agree with jmck 100%. I have been a member of this board for 16 years. I haven’t posted much in the last couple of years because by the time I see a topic it has usually been addressed and I don’t have anything to add. But I do visit at least twice a week just to see what’s going on. Even so I don’t have access to The Lounge. Not that I really care, but it does seen rather elitist.

I think simply being logged in should be the only restriction for something like The Lounge.

1 Like

I must be fixated on giving and receiving likes! And I’m 54, hmmm…is that still young? See, I liked your post, there I go again :joy:

3 Likes

Get off my lawn, you young whippersnapper!

1 Like

I have to assume the reasoning for having enough posts and likes etc. is to prevent trolls and spammers from entering a non-brewing category. Also with the “trust level” moderators will be able to block out anyone abusing it by changing the users level. I’m not seeing much cause for concern with that in the forum anywhere since this has been a great group.