When will it float?

After careful study, I have found that my kegs float at about two weeks. I think they are leaking. But, to stay on top of things, I’m trying to figure out how often to brew. Seems like every ten days, given a three week turn around. How about you? How much and how often?

Depends on how often I make them “leak” from the tap. I have been known to go through something like American Amber in 2 weeks if I am getting into it and have a few weekends off. On the other hand, I have a keg of Caribou Slobber that while tasty, is not really my preferred style and has been on tap ready to drink since the last week in May.

This Spring/Summer I tried something different, I ordered a large quantity of supplies and brewed at least 5 gallons every week, sometimes 10 gallons a week from March until the first of July. The result is that I now have 10 kegs full, 20 gallons in fermentors and something new to try every week for the next 2-3 months and enough beer to last me for quite a while.
:cheers:

I brew 11gal batches and have at least one keg kick per week.

With the 200 gallon limit, your “wife” must take over brewing about halfway into the year, just like in my household…
:cheers:

+1 - My wife takes over in the next month or so!

Maybe I should become mormon:)

I brew 5 gallons almost every weekend, so yea my wife is definitly doing some of the brewing. Makes sense as she does some of the leaking as well.

[quote=“ynotbrusum”]With the 200 gallon limit, your “wife” must take over brewing about halfway into the year, just like in my household.[/quote]Just FYI, the federal limit is 100 gallons per adult with a maximum of 200 gallons per household (regardless of the number of adults), not 200 gallons per brewer.

Thats pretty lame. Darn feds.

Hmmmm… 200 gallon limit, guess I won’t become a mormon then:)

With the 200 gallon limit, your “wife” must take over brewing about halfway into the year, just like in my household…
:cheers: [/quote]
Notice I didn’t say how often I brew or what size kegs. :wink:

Sheesh.200 gallons? You guys sure know how to make a fellow brewer feel inadequate!

For what it is worth, I have it, on good authority, its not about the size of your brew kettle.

There, now I’m feeling better.

You are right… My wife took over in April and I am now working through neighbors’ households. Of course at $7 per barrel, the tax liability won’t kill anybody, either.