What would you call this?

Here’s a brew I’m planning to do tomorrow. Super simple recipe. I usually brew to style but this beer came about by kind of a mental picture of the end product. I have a good feeling about this one. What would you call it if you had to call it something, not that I do, Saison maybe?

10# Belgian pilsner
1# D-45 cadi syrup

Mash at 148

Bittering hops
0.75 Glacier for 15 mins

Wyeast 3522 Belgian Ardennes

OG 1.052
25 Ibus

I’d call her Lucille :lol:
Are you sure of a 1.052 with mashing 10 lb. and adding 1 lb sugar? Seems like it would be higher(maybe it’s a larger batch than 5G?)
Stylewise, I might call it a Belgian something. Double or Triple depending on where the OG is.
Whatever you call it, it looks tasty. Maybe that’s what you should call her: “Tasty” :cheers:

Its 5.25 gallons. I meant to write 1.055, I’m usually right at 70% efficiency. Lucille hmm maybe I’ll call it BB king, RIP

Dubbel D

I’d probably call it a patersbier or “Trappist Single” per the new BJCP style guidelines.

Thanks man. Trappist single it is. Never heard of it but it sounds pretty close to what I was going for. Close enough anyway for naming purposes :cheers:

THIS^^^^^

That’s pretty close to my Patsbier except I add a little Munich.

I was actually going to add Munich originally but it felt better without it, whatever that means.

I was actually going to add Munich originally but it felt better without it, whatever that means.[/quote]

I almost always use more than one malt in my beer. I’ve tried straight Pilsner and it just doesn’t seem to work for me. I use Munich in a lot of my beer. I think ad adds a little complexity IMO.

I agree. I use at least some Munich in most of my beers.